Pirate 4x4 banner

321 - 340 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
You still have more you want to do to s XJ? I have my 1Tons waiting to go in, might wait till summer to do it. Watching your build I might just do it sooner. I will have a fully built ford 8.8 with detroit locker and a d30 with ARB all chromoly for sale when I do my swap if you know any one. Low miles 4:88 with hydro assit.

Yeah, I’ve got little projects and things I want to change/make better. I need to finish the cage. Right now it’s just protecting the driver and passenger.

Where are you at and how much are you looking to get out of your axles?

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Im in Hesperia California, I'm looking for 2500, Have the receipt and have life time warranty on all parts. They will warranty the new owner. You would just need to live around here for the warranty to help.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
Im in Hesperia California, I'm looking for 2500, Have the receipt and have life time warranty on all parts. They will warranty the new owner. You would just need to live around here for the warranty to help.

Dang, I’d be interested if you weren’t states away!

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
I'm actually very happy with the axle set up I have , I started seeing all you guys doing the one ton swaps and got a wild hair to do it too.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
I'm actually very happy with the axle set up I have , I started seeing all you guys doing the one ton swaps and got a wild hair to do it too.

My original plan was to buy a G2 Dana 44, but a buddy was like we could do tons for that price. I regretted doing the tons until this past summer. Once I got all the bugs worked out and had wheeled it a bunch. It so wide, long and low that it very comfortable even on the rowdiest of trails.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
so your happy with the 1 tons? I was sitting in my garage yesterday just looking at my axles thinking should I start the swap. My front is ready to go in, still need to gear the rear
and cut off the old spring perches. I bought a pair of u bolt eliminator perches to try out, might just wait till after the wheeling season to rip it apart.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
so your happy with the 1 tons? I was sitting in my garage yesterday just looking at my axles thinking should I start the swap. My front is ready to go in, still need to gear the rear
and cut off the old spring perches. I bought a pair of u bolt eliminator perches to try out, might just wait till after the wheeling season to rip it apart.

Mine was down for 1.5 years. I don’t have much money, so I had to disassemble it and sell stuff to cover the cost of everything. The only thing I had when when I started was the front axle. Plus I had a 4 month deployment and a death in the family that kinda slowed things down. But yes, I am very happy with it.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Yeah I understand we live life on life's terms. Mine was down for 2 years doing the LS1 swap, then another year on building the rest of the xj. I'm getting addicted to wheeling so I would hate to be down again for a long period. I've been getting all the 1 ton parts together over the last year.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #333 (Edited)
This weekend is daily/tow rig maintenance time. I’m putting Power Stop brake pads and rotors on the Yukon. I also got some braided hoses for the front. I’m going to flush the brake fluid, and may even do a transmission filter. I have a trans cooler that I got for darn near free off a Super Duty I was going to try and uses on the Jeep buts wider than the radiator, lmao. I may try and install it on the Yukon as well. It just depends on how rowdy I feel like getting this weekend.

·
Registered
275 Posts
sounds like a sweet "yard" lol

rip to a good place. Didn't realize you're that far away. Thought you were closer to DFW.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
think i'm gonna save some cash and get a fuel cell. I have a after market pump and could hear it already. Its pretty loud. Any thing you've had to redo, improve or upgrade yet ?

321 - 340 of 424 Posts