Pirate 4x4 banner

361 - 380 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Are you using stock master cylinder?

Yeah, well at lest I believe so. My XJ had a disc brake Ford 8.8 and a HP30 in it when I bought it. So it could have been swapped to a ZJ or something. It had a bunch of work done to it by someone. Not the guy I bought it from though, he just thrashed it. The brakes work pretty well though but I may swap in a 2500 Ram Van master cylinder eventually.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #364

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Looking good, I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures, wanted to show you some pics of my build. My neighbor works for a cable manufacture and showed me how to shorten the parking brake cables. Turned out really nice.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
I really stepped up my game today! I bought a trailer and it’s a big girl! I’m hoping I’m not pushing my Yukon to much with this trailer but for the price I paid for it, I couldn’t pass it up!

·
Registered
275 Posts
nice! I want a trailer but dont have a place to store it.

Hey did you sell your sye you had on facebook marketplace? If you did I'm kicking myself for not getting it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #371
Is the trailer for hauling your toy? I thought you drove it where ever you went. Will the toy fit between the fenders? Are they removeable or HD enough to drive on? Even if you drive most places, it would be nice that it fit on your trailer in an emergency.

The fenders are removable. I do drive it a lot and most places within an hour or so but any further I usually trailer it. It’s so capable that I keep pushing it harder and eventually I’m going to break something. Plus, now I can go more places outside my normal circle and not have to borrow one anymore.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
I always look forward to your posts. on your trailer you said the fenders are removable? I just bought carson trailer and looks like i'm going to make mine removable so my rig will fit. any pics of the fenders and how they attach?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #374
I always look forward to your posts. on your trailer you said the fenders are removable? I just bought carson trailer and looks like i'm going to make mine removable so my rig will fit. any pics of the fenders and how they attach?

I can take a couple pictures. It’s got a single 3/8-16 bolt on the front and back and then the inner fender slides into a piece welded to the frame of the trailer.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
the width of my rig is just over 83" and the trailer is 83". So I will have to do something with the fenders. How Wide is your rig?

361 - 380 of 424 Posts