Pirate 4x4 banner

401 - 420 of 424 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Did the driveshaft cause you to stop? Did it vibrate?

I bent it about 30 minutes into wheeling on Friday.... I took it easy the rest of Friday. Saturday my buddy that I do stupid stuff with showed up and taking it easy didn’t last long. Then Sunday I beat on the Jeep pretty hard. I couldn’t feel a vibrations on the dirt but after unloading it at home I felt it on the road for sure. It held up, the driveshaft guy was surprised it didn’t get any worse.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
My tcase is up little higher then stock, its an atlas t case so i cant bring it down much or it hits the transmission cross member. same joint setup that your running.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
My tcase is up little higher then stock, its an atlas t case so i cant bring it down much or it hits the transmission cross member. same joint setup that your running.

You could clearance the cardan joint with a die grinder. Or you could adjust your pinion angle.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Yeah, I already adjust my pinion angle which then I had to cut my coil spring perches and line them back up with the coils. I'm going to clearance the cardan and see if that helps. Thanks

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
I moved my pinion up now my caster is way off, put some adjustable ball joints to help with the issue but it's still a little squirrely on the pavement. looks like next big project will be cutting the Cs off and clocking them.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
I went to Winterfest this year, I only got to go Friday though. I finally actually broke something! The G2 lockout finally gave up. I tried to upload a picture but it wouldn’t load.

On another note, I moved from Texas to Indiana. I separated from active duty and joined the National Guard.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I went to Winterfest this year, I only got to go Friday though. I finally actually broke something! The G2 lockout finally gave up. I tried to upload a picture but it wouldn’t load.

On another note, I moved from Texas to Indiana. I separated from active duty and joined the National Guard.
That sucks was hoping to wheel w ya at some point

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts

Indiana is great. I recently moved within the last couple of years.
What part are you in?

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
good to see you back on here, my build is almost done just need to re angle my motor. My front transfer case angle is to negative causing it to bind at droop.

·
Registered
1989 Jeep Cherokee
1,999 Posts
Hey how long are your front link arms? I picked up a dana 60 kingpin (I know you have a super doody) and I'm wondering what length they'd need to be for 40s. Mine should be pretty similar to yours in a few years. Just stacking parts right now.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #416
Hey how long are your front link arms? I picked up a dana 60 kingpin (I know you have a super doody) and I'm wondering what length they'd need to be for 40s. Mine should be pretty similar to yours in a few years. Just stacking parts right now.

It depends on how long you want it, I’m probably near 6 inches of stretch in the front. You’ll have to decide where you want the axle located and where you want the body side mounts.

·
Registered
159 Posts
im temtped to buy a built crossmember to begin the process on mine. wouldn't mind building one but materials + the fuck with factor, doesn't look like it makes sense to fab one myself

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #418
im temtped to buy a built crossmember to begin the process on mine. wouldn't mind building one but materials + the fuck with factor, doesn't look like it makes sense to fab one myself

I don’t have much in mine, it was a little bit of work though. I bought a 20’ stick of 2x6, I think it was around $100. The end pieces were scrap I got for free and the lower link brackets were cheap from ruff stuff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First time posting so I hope this works.

Super cool XJ! I have been watching this thread for some time, was inspired, sold my TJ, bought and XJ and 05+ SD axles... about to start the adventure.

Are build threads Like this one only for experienced builders or could a beginner like me start one and get some pointers?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
First time posting so I hope this works.

Super cool XJ! I have been watching this thread for some time, was inspired, sold my TJ, bought and XJ and 05+ SD axles... about to start the adventure.

Are build threads Like this one only for experienced builders or could a beginner like me start one and get some pointers?
You certainly can start one. You will get lots of advice. Some of it will even be good. Lol. Just don't let the haters scare you off.

401 - 420 of 424 Posts