axle put back together and sitting on tires waiting for steering

·
Registered
115 Posts
looking good. keep the pics comin.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's going to be sooo high. I had 3in springs and a 3in body in when I did mine. I even had 35x12.50 bfgs and it looked like a monster truck. You can kinda tell its goin that direction from the front. Oh and loose the boots man...give them to your dog. Otherwise, its looking good.:smokin:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah im hoping to run springs for a year or 2 then go to coil over , didnt have the funds for coil overs right now , but yeah right now its high hopefully the springs settle a bit

i know alot of guys are using chevy MC's so i went and got one today for $30 sucker weighs a ton , went to put it in and found i must have got the wrong one cause the line sizes were 9/16 and 1/2
so i went to the junk yard trying to figure out which year was the correct one i came across a 98 dodge 1500 looked about right , pulled it out center to center for the mounts were perfect and the bore size was 1-1/4

got home and thing fit perfect all i had to get was an M12 - M10 reducer for the front, hopefully everything still works , before i installed it i pulled it apart and cleaned real good
oh yeah didnt have to grind the push rod down , the depth was close to the same :D
diff between frontier and 1500

installed

·
Registered
128 Posts
LOOKS GREAT AARON!!!! keep it up man!!

i want to see this wheeling, maybe i can wheel with ya in about a year

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Good project but I think your gonna wish you went high pinion....especially with shackle reversal.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this is the first swap ive ever done so there will probably be stuff ill wanna change after a while haha , in a year or 2 ill probably go to coilover , couldnt do right now unfortunatly

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you plan on running those 63" chevy springs in the rear be prepared to add an anti wrap bar. I installed the 63's on my hardbody with 33" tires and had axle wrap problems until i built a bar.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
i havent been able to drive the truck really except pulling it out of the driveway and turning the truck around , but the brake felt pretty firm

here is the progress so far , took off the body lift which sucked but worth it
got the chevy springs mocked up

1 - 20 of 282 Posts