Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be using a 04 Ford D60 under the front of my TJ. the diff is set very far to the driver side, about 1" between housing and inner C. my question is how is my drive shaft going to line up. do i need a 2 part or what? i know some of you are running these axles, so any pics are greatly apreciated.

And to all you haters who are going to tell me to get a earlyer axle :flipoff2:.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
How much of a difference is it off by as opposed to your stock driveshaft position? Remember even rear pumpkins are offset to the side and not centered. Depending on how big of a difference we are talking here it might not be a problem at all. I'm more curious how you are gonna get a spring bucket in there.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am more concerned with clearance too the frame, than just having it offset.
I'm more curious how you are gonna get a spring bucket in there.
there called coilovers.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok the pinion is about 13" off center

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I didn't ask correctly, we need two measurements

The measurement offset of your stock axle?
The measurement offset of your new axle? (which you gave us and is 13")

Ive heard of guys running offset axles with differences of as much as 5" from stock without any problems. If the housing is moved over only a few more inches I probably wouldn't worry about it. What type of driveshaft will you be using? What did the stock ford use? Was it set up for a CV shaft stock? If its not then you may have to grind the welds on the inner C's to reset your caster.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I run one on an XJ and at full flex I have about 2" before it contacts the frame. Its scary close, but doesnt hit.

Now I realaze your in a Wrang, so If you can take a frame measurement there I can refrence it with mine and we can see.

BTW....Theres absolutely nothing wrong with running a Super Duty D60. They're reputation is building daily. It's a great axle.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok the pinion on my D44 is about 8-9 off center. its gona be close but it should work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts