Discussion Starter #61

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Another update on the 271 rabbit hole. I canceled my eco box order. I contacted Bohemoth driveline and he had a quick answer for my VSS problem and he sells the hardware to use the 271 with his underdrive box. Basically all problems solved without major issue. I was able to get everything I need plus shifters and a mount for $300 more than the eco box which I though was fair considering the time it will save me.

In other news I’m working on the gears in the D60 tonight. I trashed the oil baffle so I’ve gotta wait on a new one since my install kit didn’t have one.

This isn’t the final pattern but pretty close to it. I’m going to add some to the pinion shins to get the contact patch a little deeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Huh, good luck with behemoth... be talks a big game about shipping quickly. That talk quickly turns into machining issues and supplier back orders. He's a bull shitter for sure. You'll have to keep on him with weekly emails and texts to keep him on track with getting your parts to you. It took about 4 months to get my underdrive and tail housing machined for vss on my np205. Was supposed to have everything in 2 weeks or less. Jacob will never change. Not sure what his issues really are, but customer service and care for return customers is a bunch of nonsense. He has really nice parts and the all aluminum np205 case has my eye, but not sure im willing to go through the lies and run around again... good luck

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I’ve been lazy and haven’t really been messing with the truck. I did pull the trigger on some 41.5 Pit bull rockers today. I was originally going to get a set of 40” cooper STT pros from discount tire but then I saw the Easter 55% off coupon code for the PBRs. The price was only about $100 more shipped than the coopers.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I was finally able to round up all the little bits that I needed to get the front axle assembled and I got it under the truck with brakes and everything. The factory ford steel wheels that I got for free don’t clear the Artec arms so I’m going to have to figure out another set of rollers to get the truck in my garage. Other than that the assembly was easy and I took a bunch of pics of the superduty outers going together for anyone that is curious.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
How much angle is too much angle for a drag link?

The axle position is very rough as I just eyeballed it up to see how it looked. In my head, I will locate the track bar directly under the sector shaft and the axle tube directly behind that plane so that the track bar is perpendicular to the frame rail at ride height. This makes the drag link angled back a good bit to hit the mount in the steering arm. I can run the drag link over top of the tie rod if need be and use one long bolt for both of them. Sorry for the rambling, just thinking out loud on this stuff hoping to get some opinions from you guys.

·
E-Locker or Bust!
4,271 Posts
It seems like your axle is pretty far back to me, if you don't plan on cutting the shit out of the cab, that is. Might straighten out a bit if you move it forward. My drag link is angled probably half of what you show.

Could you run wheel spacers on the rollers to make things fit? IDK if that's cheaper than finding other rollers... but it's an option.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Yeah it was pretty far back for that pic. After going back out and looking again then looking at some pics of a stock superduty I don’t think it’s going to be as bad as I thought. And yeah I’ll probably pick up some cheap eBay spacers for the rollers.

I’ll try to get the axle centered up where I want it and get some better pics today.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Yeah it was pretty far back for that pic. After going back out and looking again then looking at some pics of a stock superduty I don’t think it’s going to be as bad as I thought. And yeah I’ll probably pick up some cheap eBay spacers for the rollers.

I’ll try to get the axle centered up where I want it and get some better pics today.

·
Registered
132 Posts
For reference, I moved my steering box forward enough that the front mounting bolt is now the rear mounting bolt (so about 4" forward). My draglink is pretty straight with my tie rod now, and it's mounted high steer on top of the knuckle. My front axle is moved like 5" forward from stock, but I love the approach angle, and never have to worry about the firewall even if I ever step to 42"s (running 40" trail grapplers now mounted on H2s)

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Got the axle placed where I want it today. Roughly 5” forward from stock. The pitman arm is still pretty far forward from the axle but I’m going to run it I think. After staring at it for a while I made my lower links. This is going to be full bump. A 12” coilover is the plan with 6 up and 6 down.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I emailed Jacob at behemoth to check in on my order today. He replied quickly and said that my order will be shipping out on 05/16. At the time of my order on 04/17 he stated that orders ship 21 days after they are placed. After reading up on pirate and facebook about him I hope that I have not made a mistake. I was really wanting to have the strong box in my hands when I get back from work on the 15th. It's not a giant problem right now since I have plenty of other stuff to do on the truck. I am really hoping that things work out since he can solve the VSS issue and make the 271 work without major trouble.

61 - 80 of 369 Posts