Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2008 dodge diesel . I put in the K&N fipk filter kit in it and immediatly got trouble codes related to the barometric pressure and turbo and also MAF sensor. Is this normal or do I really have something to worry about.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Might have better luck in the tow rig section but I would just go it dieseltruckresource.com and ask in their 6.7 section

·
Registered
58 Posts
heres your issue the maf code comes from having the k&n on there the oil has coated the maf sensor my advice take the k&n off and hope you don't have to replace the maf, throw the stocker back on and take it back to the dealership as it still should be under warrenty

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran the k&n on the truck for about 60 miles. Then took it off and went back to stock. k&n did the right thing and agreed to take it back. I called Dodge and they said that they had just recieved a company memo saying that there were problems with the k&n/cummins combo for 2008. Luckily I didn't run it too long.

Thanks guys. Now to figure out which intake to buy that won't kill the motor.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heres your issue the maf code comes from having the k&n on there the oil has coated the maf sensor my advice take the k&n off and hope you don't have to replace the maf, throw the stocker back on and take it back to the dealership as it still should be under warrenty
Can i spray some electrical parts cleaner on the MAF to clean it or will that destroy it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
i wouldn't spray it on there, they actually make something called maf cleaner don't know where to get it though i would try an internet search and see if the local parts house carries it.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I have a AFE cold air intake with there dry filter and it works fine. next you are gonna want to get the dpf off there and get a programer and block off the egr. it will be a completely different truck. go to cunmmins forum there is a whole 6.7 section.

·
Registered
416 Posts
i wouldn't spray it on there, they actually make something called maf cleaner don't know where to get it though i would try an internet search and see if the local parts house carries it.
Agreed on that, we actually sell a kit here at our dealership for cleaning the MAF, but I'm sure the parts store carry them as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts