Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to have been getting progressively worse now that its gotten really hot out. It was blowing at 60 deg. and now all of a sudden its blowing about 65* at idle and 75-80* going down the road.

Stopped by a shop yesterday and had them check the pressures to make sure the system wasnt under/overcharged, which it seems they're a little on the high side.

The tech blew out the condenser and a bunch of shit came out best he could, but it seems like it didnt really make a big difference.

Another thing I noticed is the passenger side is blowing about 5* colder than the driver side, which the truck is equipped with the dual zone climate control.

Im gonna try blowing out the condenser even more and spray it out with the hose as well.

Not real sure how the climate control system works, but I think there's more than 1 issue going on.

·
Ford Bigot
4,100 Posts
Seems to have been getting progressively worse now that its gotten really hot out. It was blowing at 60 deg. and now all of a sudden its blowing about 65* at idle and 75-80* going down the road.

Stopped by a shop yesterday and had them check the pressures to make sure the system wasnt under/overcharged, which it seems they're a little on the high side.

The tech blew out the condenser and a bunch of shit came out best he could, but it seems like it didnt really make a big difference.

Another thing I noticed is the passenger side is blowing about 5* colder than the driver side, which the truck is equipped with the dual zone climate control.

Im gonna try blowing out the condenser even more and spray it out with the hose as well.

Not real sure how the climate control system works, but I think there's more than 1 issue going on.
Do a Google search on the A/C issue on the dual zone CC. There was a TSB on the 08s about an issue relating to the heater coming on with the A/C.

·
Registered
41 Posts
More than likely it is your blend door actuators, 08-10 SD were notorious for them failing. Passenger side can be accessed by removing the airbag, driver side is in the middle at the bottom. Takes a special wrench off the tool truck to get it off without pulling the dash.

·
Registered
12,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome. Looks like Ive got a bit of research to do.

Maybe I can send this bitch to auction, make my $ and go buy a 450.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Awesome. Looks like Ive got a bit of research to do.

Maybe I can send this bitch to auction, make my $ and go buy a 450.
Just don't get a c&c. They are detuned and come with a different turbo. We have one at work and it's a dog compared to a non c&c version.

·
Registered
12,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just don't get a c&c. They are detuned and come with a different turbo. We have one at work and it's a dog compared to a non c&c version.
Nah. Found one already thats a pickup. But which turbo is different?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts