Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im new to the forum. goin to pick up my new 08 taco saturday. lookin to get tires wheels and lift it. if id put the 2 inch strut spacers in the front would it tear anything up and would i be able to run 285/75/16s without it rubbin? id be toolin around the mountains a little but nothin real hardcore. just dont wanna tear the fenderflares off a brand new yota. any suggestions?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Is this a 4X4 or Prerunner? Instead of puttin a spacer in, why not change the shocks to a Bilstein 2.5" lift shock? Not that much more than a spacer and you increase your shock performance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this a 4X4 or Prerunner? Instead of puttin a spacer in, why not change the shocks to a Bilstein 2.5" lift shock? Not that much more than a spacer and you increase your shock performance
its a 4x4. id like to go 2.5 - 3 but im told to not go any higher than 2.5. friend of mine told me it would tear up the CV joints in the front. although the shocks arent a bad idea. ill hafta weigh my options and see what i come up with. hopefully damn soon. thanks for the input.

·
Registered
299 Posts
2.5 is ok, 3 will wear your CV's faster than normal, but are not hard to replace.

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
i know this isnt the toyota regular forum as far as NOT tolerating, newbie or non hardcore stuff, but, come on, this isnt gonna be toytech or ttora either...if you wanna wheel this thing and are looking for ifs coilovers or something, thats one thing, but the coil spacers...please...im not reporting this, but please respect this board for what its about...its already diluted enough with similar garbage

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know this isnt the toyota regular forum as far as NOT tolerating, newbie or non hardcore stuff, but, come on, this isnt gonna be toytech or ttora either...if you wanna wheel this thing and are looking for ifs coilovers or something, thats one thing, but the coil spacers...please...im not reporting this, but please respect this board for what its about...its already diluted enough with similar garbage
sorry for makin a small inquiry and boring your life. just figured there would be nice helpful people on this forum that would guide me as to whether or not id tear up a brand new truck. shoulda figured id have the regular miserable asshole to deal with. lets play a game... called hide and go fuck yourself. thansk to those who did have some insight to it though. its greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
sorry for makin a small inquiry and boring your life. just figured there would be nice helpful people on this forum that would guide me as to whether or not id tear up a brand new truck. shoulda figured id have the regular miserable asshole to deal with. lets play a game... called hide and go fuck yourself. thansk to those who did have some insight to it though. its greatly appreciated.
hmmmm...i know for sure i wasnt a miserable asshole, sorry, guess you just dont get it...shoulda just reported this...

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
Talking shit to one of the most respected fabricators on the board... Way to make friends and get help. :shaking:

We welcome new people to the board, but not if you're just going to be an info mooch, talk shit, and not contribute anything useful.

You should have posted this in the newbie section, but maybe you should just go away instead. Try yotatech or ttora.

·
Registered
122 Posts
get the drop in king or donahoe replacement shocks for the front. My friend has an 07 4x4 tacoma with the donahoe on em and he doesnt have any problems. they are adjustable from 1-3 inch lift depending on how much you tighten the spring.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Complete coil over replacement springs\shock assy's would be great if you can afford the cost. Most are priced around a grand plus. And if you want to change the upper arms figure another 700 or so. Just depends on how hard core you want your off roading. Put a 1" front diff drop spacer in when you lift it and your CV joint\boot problems should go away

·
Registered
299 Posts
Diff drop kits, are in my opinion, not work the time to put them in. You now have moved the missalignment from the CV to the front driveline. You want to experience vibrations, install a diff drop kit. If you search, you will see why so many people do not use them.

·
Registered
817 Posts
diff drops dont work.
i have an 04 but i run donahoes and total chaos A arms with 1" uniballs. shitty OME dakar/stock leaf pack hybrid. and i wheel the shit out of mine and daily drive it. stay away from spacers unless your going to make more mall runs than trail. if you want to learn about lift options then go over to ttora. this isnt really the place to talk or learn about ifs stuff.

·
Registered
14,711 Posts
holy fuckin' shit! you should stay the fuck out of here if you cant take a respectful flame. you post was just asking for one of the 1000's of regular assholes here to rip you a new one, and you got off light with a tip from booger. look at his post and look at your response. you're the fucking asshole, not him. you should get a spacer lift and a body lift and wheel that thing at starbucks.

·
Registered
822 Posts
if you were looking to have your hand held you should have followed the link i provided. i expected crash to come through and tear you a new asshole. you got nothing but help in this thread.:shaking:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts