Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this truck used in the summer of 2012 to be a work truck for my then business. I was doing forclosed property work and plowing snow, and my growing family caused me to need a replacement for my reg cab 2nd gen cummins.

I picked this 08 2500HD with the 6.0 gas and 6 speed auto dirt cheap as it has no power options and a rubber floor mat, which was perfect for me.

As things progressed, it had a flat bed for a while...

And paid itself off...

I ended up buying a totaled 01 2500HD and swapped the flat bed onto it, then sold the business and no longer needed a daily "work truck"

The stock bed went back on, and I started using it pretty much just to haul cars and parts to swap meets. I needed a way to secure stuff in the bed and keep it dry, I heard of a free truck cap, and the guy said it was from a truck "just like yours".....guess not....

Amazingly, my buddy bought a fiberglass cap at an auction for $20 and it ended up not fitting his super duty. It was even the right color already...$20 later and I was in business...

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The wrecked silverado had a decent set of aftermarket wheels, so i had a set of 285/75/16 Kenda Klevers mounted up, and had to give the front torsions a little twist to clear.

The cap is back on again. I currently use the truck to haul stuff to VW swap meets and sleep under the cap. The other use is to haul dual sports to where the hell ever and ride. The endgame is to have a home base that my son and I can crash in when out riding, the ability to haul stuff to shows up to 500 miles away and camp, mounts front and rear for a winch, 110v, OBA, a roof rack of some sort to take away the old man look of the cap, some extra lights, and possibly rigging up a portable shower.

I'll be working on getting the winch mount on the front, wiring, and coming up with a roof rack first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts