Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well picked up a H3T Alpha for my Daughter's first truck. Found it in AZ, was a former SEMA truck for Daystar. Not a big fan of body lifts but it came loaded with Nav and everything. These things are getting hard to find in white or blue. Anyone interested in the Slant Back Snug top I just listed it in the classifieds, "Misc. Stuff For Sale" section. Gotta get her a simple flat bed cover. Not loving the yellow, probably will paint all white unless it grows on me. M-16s are garbage as well. Luckily I have a set of Toyo's at home to throw on it.

·
flamethrower
12,595 Posts
Pretty sure you should give it to me - I'll take good care of it :D

Stoked for your daughter and a little bit jelly!

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty sure you should give it to me - I'll take good care of it :D

Stoked for your daughter and a little bit jelly!
Thanks. I think your H3 is the pinnacle. That long travel system is insane.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I saw that truck at Walgreens in Sedona in 2014 before i bought my H3T Alpha. Nice rig but I agree that it should lose the yellow and the Humvee copycat slant back. Both detract from the H3T's unique profile. I have a Diamondback bedlinered cover that looks great on my T but is a bit of a PITA to r&r for big loads or bulk materials.

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw that truck at Walgreens in Sedona in 2014 before i bought my H3T Alpha. Nice rig but I agree that it should lose the yellow and the Humvee copycat slant back. Both detract from the H3T's unique profile. I have a Diamondback bedlinered cover that looks great on my T but is a bit of a PITA to r&r for big loads or bulk materials.
Thanks. It's at the paint shop right now. I ordered the Snug Top flat cover, since I'm restoring the stickers on the driver and passenger doors. Also Ordered LED corner lights and the damn clearance lights cover flew off heading up to NorCal. Sent the deck out as well to get set up for a backup camera. Going to run a 2011 GMC Denali bezel for a tailgate backup camera. Was expensive to have the deck modified because everyone discontinued their modules for the Hummer H3 and H3T's. Was considering an Edge, but they won't pay for the CARB and EPA label for a CTS with Evolution and I'm not going to buy a monitor that doesn't have the tuning in it, and then pay again for a tuner. I'd rather just have some custom tuning done at a local shop on a dyno specific to my motor. Also switched out all the chrome crap to the plastic black and got a chrome door cover and had it powder coated. Pictures to come when it's all done.

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE 5/5/16

Well things change. Wound up buying my daughter a brand new Canyon Baby Max and decided to drive the H3T myself for a while. Just finally got the deck back from the stereo guy with the OE deck modified to except a backup camera. The tailgate bezel is just a hair different than a 2011 GMC Denali. Just one of the clips is in a slightly different location. The overall size and shape is almost a direct match so I had them use that to avoid them jenky license plate cameras and for it to look OE. Came out sweet. Now if I can just get the damn clearance light bezel that has been on backorder since NOVEMEBER of last year, I'd drive it every day. Sucks I finally have it repainted and dialed in and it's stuck in the driveway with the wiring harness exposed on the roof. lol I think I could have had a carbon fiber one fabricated by now.

Nav Tv modified the deck and the camera is factory GM for the 2011 GMC Denali. Definition on the deck is premium!

Paint came out sweet too. Was trying to wait for the clearance light bezel to take pictures of it. Back to the Daystar OE all white, but a blacked out all the chrome pieces. Looks much meaner!

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hopefully she is a decent driver. Seems like all the women around here drive worse than Asians. :eek:
Hence the original intention of the backup camera. lol

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE 6/16/17

Well damn it's been awhile. I wound up never giving it to my daughter. After a lot of thought I decided to buy my daughter a brand new rig with a warranty, since she'd be helping us shuttle the younger ones around.

So I've been trying for over the past year to get a replacement clearance light cover built. Absolute pain in the arse! I've gotten everything from the 3d CAD files created to manufacture them out of plastic or aluminum and everything in between. I landed on having a replace created out of Carbon Fiber as to be stronger than the BS factory plastic and hopefully hold up better to the UV battering over time. I'll be looking to sell the negative to a manufacturer/distributor to hopefully open up the possibility for others to be able to get replacements since I got screwed by the only one claiming to be a source never delivering me the product after 2 years from Gstyle! Absolute crook and I'll never be doing business with them again. Hummer Parts Club on the other hand has been awesome to work with on every product that I've bought for our Hummer and have the best customer service in the business. Here are some pictures:

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE 6/19/17

Did some lite wheeling at Hollister Hills Father's Day morning, but cut out at 11:30 as it was starting to bake! I love the lockers, but was surprised that our new little Canyon LWN Duramax didn't need them in the same areas that the H3T did. So wish I could have a diesel in the Hummer.

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice!

Does the Colorado have the same Traction Control and Stabilitrac?
Much better calibrations. Light and day better. I chose not to give my daughter the Hummer due to the full time 4wd. With an experienced driver the over steer when the suspension reloads is no big deal because we expect it and plan for it, but in the hands of an inexperienced driver I could easily see them over correcting and losing control at speed.

The Canyon stays in Auto, especially in wet weather. That torquee little Dmax slides on asphalt really easily when it's wet out. lol But I've never experienced the problem with the Auto 4wd on. It probably helps how light it is. We got to test it in Blizzard conditions right away on our way back from picking it up at Dave Smith's in Idaho. With the narrow tires it was almost scary light to drive at speed. But this past winter I had to run up to Reno through worse conditions with these 275's on and it was beyond fun. Still on the light side, but the wider grip made all the difference in it's ability to stick in the rough conditions.

·
Premium Member
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SOLD 12/6/17

Will miss it. Sold it today to a gentleman from Tennessee. Was a fun rig, but now onto the next adventure for my 2nd daughter that will turn 16 next year. Can't wait for the diesel JL or Scrambler JT to be released cause that's what I'm leaning towards.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts