Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was surfin the web and came across this on the Spidertrax website. It is their STX 1:1 - 2:1 gear splitter. I sent them an e-mail and here is the reply

Hi Art,

It will be available this month. Check the website for further details.

Thanks,

Thomas Kingston
CEO & Co-Founder
Spidertrax Inc.
Finally, someone is releasing one!!! No word on price though :mad:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
I thought that there was a klune-v out for the sami. But it's a 1:1 - 4:1 selectable. I think I saw it on rocky-road's web site. I think it was pretty expensive though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
I talked to them a few months ago about it. At that time they were not in production but if sombody wanted one that they could make it for them. It was $1300 and that was just the case and gears. You need to fab your own crossmembers, mounting points, dshafts, brackets, etc.. Brent also has one in production, I think his is suppose to be a little more reasonable.

As for the KluneV, I don't belive that they are in production for samurais anymore. Prolly because of the cost. $2500 is too freakin' much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,567 Posts
tanzuki said:
As for the KluneV, I don't belive that they are in production for samurais anymore. Prolly because of the cost. $2500 is too freakin' much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:eek:
Nope.

It was the complexity of the install that killed it. You had to get the tranny and the kluneV aligned perfectly - and it wasn't easy. Too many people was calling klune about it, and it was costing money to do the support.

Of course, that's the rumor I heard.

that's why I did dual toy transfer cases, with the RingeR. Better, Stronger, and no alignment issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,914 Posts
tdavis said:


Nope.

It was the complexity of the install that killed it. You had to get the tranny and the kluneV aligned perfectly - and it wasn't easy. Too many people was calling klune about it, and it was costing money to do the support.

Of course, that's the rumor I heard.

that's why I did dual toy transfer cases, with the RingeR. Better, Stronger, and no alignment issues.
Close some little rich kids Daddy took them to court becuase it didnt just bolt in. So they are R/D new mounting I talked to julie @ Klune and she assured me it would be coming back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
Damn it will you stop surfing the web! In the last 3 days you've posted about 3/4 suspensions and now this !!!

Your starting to sound as bad as me, with "possible upgrades" !!!!! :flipoff2: -yag
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
RudeZuk said:
did they also tell you that you need to move your tcase back about 3-4 inches?

This isnt a direct replacement for the jack shaft.....
Shane's right, but the 3-4 inches isn't a problem for the "buggy boys". Someone needs a reasonably priced splitter that will bolt in as a direct replacement for the input shaft. Then us in the "stock class" can play hard too :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,950 Posts
Tusker said:
Shane's right, but the 3-4 inches isn't a problem for the "buggy boys". Someone needs a reasonably priced splitter that will bolt in as a direct replacement for the input shaft. Then us in the "stock class" can play hard too :D
Ill do a write up when i get the new one coming out:D

__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
Rockrat said:


Close some little rich kids Daddy took them to court becuase it didnt just bolt in. So they are R/D new mounting I talked to julie @ Klune and she assured me it would be coming back
This is correct ;)
The install isn't that bad - you just have to have some rudamentary fabrication skills & the will to do some serious sheetmetal surgery :D
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top