Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to have some half doors made for my 1980 p/u , I need some ideas as where I want to have them cut , need pics from early model p/u years 79-83

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
I like how you left the locks, wouldn't want anyone breaking in.:D

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what is the distance from the body line to the cut out ?

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
leaving the outside or the lock is a waste, you can reach to the inside handle.. Mine are in the tech section here ;)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Richard said:
what is the distance from the body line to the cut out ?
I have no clue... I'll have to dig them out of the back of the garage to get measurements off them.

The only reason the locks are still in the doors is because I used them as part of the cut line.... I just used a marker on the doors and cut away, no real measurements were taken.

Here's a shot of how the doors still look from the inside:

Like I said... they're still unfinished.

·
Registered
722 Posts
what is the distance...

What is the distance from the left nipple to the right or did you also draw on that? Or maybe you're just going by feel.... wait are we still talking tech?

·
Banned
9,402 Posts
OOP'S said:
Babe with nice boobs

You Horny old man. But I'm not complaining. Dang, I hate it when you click on the wrong image to upload, got to admit shes better looking than those images of Booger you uploaded....

Hey Mrs Camo, Shirt Idea! Offered in womens low cut tank tops. :eek:

Okay back to TECH. Better keep them "padded", don't want to see anyone get hurt playing with them....... ;)

·
Registered
485 Posts
I've been waiting for summer and want some half doors, but I have a few questions before I begin. Is there an advantage to leaving the whole window frame does it make it stiffer and fit better? Also how are you guys covering the inside where the door panels used to be. What about the top is there a piece of welded sheet metal under the pad or what do you think is the easisest way of covering it all. Thanks Chad

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I'll get you some better pics but here's one with my window inserts, simuliar to soft jeep windows

Trust me you don't want to cut too far down, you don't need it unless your the dukes of hazard

Attachments

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
CHAD PEZZLE said:
I've been waiting for summer and want some half doors, but I have a few questions before I begin. Is there an advantage to leaving the whole window frame does it make it stiffer and fit better? Also how are you guys covering the inside where the door panels used to be. What about the top is there a piece of welded sheet metal under the pad or what do you think is the easisest way of covering it all. Thanks Chad
If you want to make "windows" for them leave the frames.
I made a sheet metal plate for the top and left the inside open(works great as storage) I have no pad on the tops of my doors but I'll prob glue some carpet there :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts