Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
8 lugs{3/4ton} instead of 6 lugs{1/2ton}. 14 bolt rear instead of 10 bolt or 12 bolt.Usurally says on the side 10{1/2ton} or 20{3/4ton}.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
If none of the above works (b/c you don't know what they are talking about)write down the VIN and go look in a blue book. Not trying to be an ass, but if you don't know the difference b/t a 1/2 and 3/4 ton truck, axle ID may not be on the top of your list either.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
cbbr said:
If none of the above works (b/c you don't know what they are talking about)write down the VIN and go look in a blue book. Not trying to be an ass, but if you don't know the difference b/t a 1/2 and 3/4 ton truck, axle ID may not be on the top of your list either.

My seven year old nephew could count the lug nuts. got to be about the easiest method. and if it has 5 lugs its either a ford or a 2wd 1/2 ton.

Later,
Jason

·
Registered
54,554 Posts
count lugs cause axles vary from year to year i have a half ton 12 bolt. dad had a 3/4 ton with a 10 and 14 bolt and bros 1/2 ton is a 10 bolt 10 bolt.

·
Registered
280 Posts
1500 is a 1/2 ton, 2500 is 3/4 , and also if you know what engine you have, you can usually tell.

·
Registered
363 Posts
this is common sense also you can tell differences pretty easily between 1/2 tons and 3/4 4x4s . mainly lug pattern and 4x4 3/4 tons have a 14 bolt ff which sticks out like a soar thumb.front is diseaving except for lug pattern again no real difference between 10 bolt 3/4 tons and 1/2 ton ones execept 8 lug outers and a couple other small differences.also ive heard older 3/4 ton trucks have dana 44s in front the newer 3/4 tons have front 10 bolts.hope this helps

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Ya'all are gettin'g soft. We have a newbie section, ya know.:shaking:

·
Registered
947 Posts
tenpack said:
1500 is a 1/2 ton, 2500 is 3/4 , and also if you know what engine you have, you can usually tell.

So then the one ton single wheel 3+3 my uncle had with a 6cylinder was really a half ton right :flipoff2: Oh, and my buddy's 454ss truck must really be a one ton short bed :shaking:

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
ROCKKRAWLER82 said:
Usually 3/4 ton will have a 12 bolt rear end and the half will have a ten
maybe where YOU'RE from. where I come from those are both 1/2 ton axles. :confused: just count the lugs, this is the failsafe method. don't worry about what motor it has is it ( :rolleyes: ) or what frontend it has, jsut count the lugs and there will be your answer.

-Scott

1 - 14 of 14 Posts