Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably in the wrong section, but I figured it would get buried in chat really quick, so I am going to post it here.

I don't know how many of you out there build plastic models. I am sure there are some that would like to build replicas of their own, of a favorite rig/buggy. The problem is that there aren't anymore 1/24-1/25 scale big tires available. This company did for a while http://www.americansatco.com/ . Look in the 4x4 light trucks section to see the swampers they had. Apparently there is a legal SNAFU that has kept them from making any for several years. I happen to have 1 set that I have stashed away for years. BFG, Goodyear, Firestone, Bridgestone, etc... have allowed the model industry to make replicas of their street tires for years. What do you suppose it would take to get the model industry to produce some replicas of real offroad tires, and not just a "terra" tread? I know there would be licensing deals. Without a product like this how can there be a demand for that matter?

Anyway, it is just another of my refuse to grow-up hobbies. I don't know if anyone else shares the desire to build any offroad rigs though.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
1 - 3 of 3 Posts