Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to order my steering valve and wondering if anyone had any opinions (and reasons please,) about number of turns lock to lock.

I was initially going to go with one and a half turns of the wheel, lock to lock, but started wondering whether the additional 1/2 turn might help by not getting too much response from a small adjustment at the wheel. Yeah, that's pretty convoluted but it's how my brain works most the time.

???

·
Fabster
2,529 Posts
I think you would be happier in the 2-3 turn range. 1.5 sounds twitchy to me.

·
Vertical Limits
5,037 Posts
1.5 each way of center maybe. 1.5 total is waaaaay too fast. yest I've driven one like this and its horrible.

3 total is pretty good

·
Premium Member
14,733 Posts
Mines ~2 and i pretty much can put one hand at 12: and go between 3 and 4 and 8/9 and make most turns :D Def. gotta pay attention going 10mph+

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I bought my orbital used from a comp buggy so I had no idea what the ratio would be and it turned out to be 1.5 turns lock-to-lock with my 2" cylinder. I thought it was "twitchy" at first and after a few trips I tried a 3-turn orbital and realized I had gotten used to the fast steering and now liked it. If you plan on going fast I would say to go for the slower ratio as two turns is still pretty fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts