Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems getting my 16V (from a 92 sidekick) conversion running. I have searched this board and the hanes and chilton's manual plus the sammy FSM and I am stumped. I have good spark, firing order correct, correct timing, and good fuel pressure. The engine turns over and pops every once in awhile but does not run. There is some smoke from partial combustion and the plugs are wet with gas. I have a mystery wire from my ECM, it is a pink / black wire. It is not the pink wire that goes to the fuel pump relay or the pink / black one that comes out of the relay. My haynes manual says I should have two pink wires - one to the fuel pump relay and one the the 02 sensor. I have tested the pink / black wire and it does not toggle ground or 12V + in run so I have no idea what it is for. I connected it to a relay (to protect the ECM just in case) to the 02 sensor and it made no difference. I also have 2 other wires. A red / green and a gray / yellow next to the TP sensor. I was told that this if for the EGR valve, but I have no sensor that goes to or comes from it at all...

I really want to wheel this weekend...

HELP!!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Does the check engine light work? Can you get the codes? When I did my 8-valve swap I couldn't get it to fire, checked the codes, and it was the distributor signal. I sort of had the same symptoms as you.:D

:flipoff2: :flipoff2: Welcome Newbie:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts