Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall well i just got a 89 4 runner like a month ago. and tuesday night i was driving it to a friends house and the raido and stuff started to cut on and off then it died in the middle of the road. the battery light had been on for a few days but i didnt think anything of it. so later that night after i called him to come jump me to get it to his house it starts right up yesterday we went to start work on it and it wouldnt start then 20 min later it started. took it to advance auto and the machine said bad battery so got a free battery cause it was under warranty then get back to the house and change it and it wont start again with a brand new battery. Im thinkin alternator but i just wanted to know what yall thought about it? thanks guys for all the help

·
Registered
21,239 Posts
I was having some similar intermittent electrical problems that were independent of the battery... found that the main positive electrical connection inside the fender fuse box had wiggled itself to the breaking point, and would connect or not connect solely based on gravity and agtiation. The moral of the story: check every single connection.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey cperry andy everyone else i replaced the alternator and it seems to have fixed the problem. hey c perry you have alredy worked on my truck its a baby shit green 4 runner that had a bunch of chrome on it you rebuilt the engine and put a new block in if for the last owner he was a mexican guy nammed miguel and u have worked on my buddys truck you replaced the timing chain on his white SASd runner on 35's im in greenville now at ecu but if i have anymore problems with it i will give you a call. thanks for all the help guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts