Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have searched around but I cant find any info Im looking for all I keep finding in info on master cylinder swaps.... I have a 04 Rubicon, 60/14B and Im getting ready to plumb the brakes. My question is the stock proportioning vale has a single line running to the rears and duals up to the front (one line per caliper). Can I plug one of the lines to the front and run a single line and split it to each caliper? I basically want to run the front brakes same as the rear brakes. I dont mind replacing the proportioning valve just not sure the best way to go about what Im trying to accomplish. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I plugged off one of the lines running to the front brakes on my 04' rubi. I am running stock ford dual piston calipers and 1/2t gm calipers in the rear with the stock rubi master and porp valve. The pedal is a little soft but will lock them up fine with 38" tsl sx's. Not sure which line I plugged but will look tomorrow.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Anyone else have any input?

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Same here, I'm a couple weeks shy of actually testing it out though. Everything I've read tells me it's the way to go, and it's pretty cheap.

If you choose to stick with what you have, I'd rather run the lines off the prop valve into a T fitting to drop down to the single line. I don't know if just plugging the prop valve would be bad for anything, but using a T to drop it down to a single line after the fact seems safer to me just in case.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I did the Dodge MC and did not look back :) 60 Ford and 14 b.
I forgot to say that I have this on my Jeep too, its an XJ, but similar set up to the TJs. I used the 3500 Dodge MC, and the Willwood prop valve. The front is a RuffStuff 9" with D60 outers, and 1/2 ton calipers. The rear is a FF Ruffstuff with the same calipers as the front. I turned the prop valve in a couple turns and now it stops perfect. Balanced, strong, and no fade.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replys, I like the idea of running the two lines from the proportioning vale to a T and into a single line. Like I said I'm mostly wanting to see how people are running a single brake line to the front of the rig like the rear is already run. Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts