Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an estimate on the weight of the following vehicle?
3/4 ton lonbed
D60 front, 14bolt rear
No inner fenders in front, no bed in rear.
Alum wheels with 35 Mud Ta's
Gutted interior, with only 2 bucket seats(about 65lbs with the brackets)
All factory wiring removed, bare minimum replaced for lights, ignition and fuel injection.
Aluminum fuel tank replaced the 2 stock saddle tanks.

Trying to see if I can trailer this truck. My trailer is a 6000lb capacity.
Thanks.
Phil

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Should be OK. My K5 w/Full Silverado interior (minus passenger and rear seats), hard top, winch, D60/14, 350/700/208, 39.5 TSLs on steel bead locks, and 1/8 tank gas was 5700.

Pete

·
Registered
137 Posts
My Blazer tip the scales at 5084 lb's with no top and 35's a cage , a winch, no rear seat and a big a$$ parts/tool box. I weigh it at the dump. You should definitly be under 6000.

Tice

·
Registered
424 Posts
I was told when I bought my trailer that if you start with a trailer rated at 8000 lbs you have to subtract the weight of the trailer from that to get the true rateing.

·
Registered
585 Posts
krawlin K-5 said:
My Blazer tip the scales at 5084 lb's with no top and 35's a cage , a winch, no rear seat and a big a$$ parts/tool box. I weigh it at the dump. You should definitly be under 6000.

Tice
Ohh tice givin info nice! :flipoff2:

Wes :p

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to update. I towed my rig out to Tierra del Sol this past weekend. Puklling it with my 99 1/2ton Silverado was not the IDEAL thing, but the truck did a good job. I had the load a bit heavy on the way there(lots of fuel, firewood, heavy icechest, etc),and the truck a bit far forward on the trailer. The steering was a bit "floaty", but no control problems. Brakes worked awesome, even with a mild panic stop(damn hotrod hondas!!)
On the way home, with the weight centered a bit better on the trailer, it drove great.
Thanks for the help folks! We had a great weekend!
Phil

·
Registered
377 Posts
find a truckstop with public scale. they charge about 7.00 and there is plenty of room in the parking lot to take it off the trailer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts