Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was there ever a flat top knuckle on the pass. side of a front 10 bolt? Is there anyone making them (aftermarket)? Would a Dana 44 knuckle work??

thanks
-troy

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Not sure if they were ever on 10 bolts, but a 44 will work, basically the axles are the same from the C's out. There are some places that sell them. Go to a junkyard, I found a shitload in my buddy's yard. Dodge will work too, have the same ball joint and spindle pattern.

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
b454rat said:
Not sure if they were ever on 10 bolts, but a 44 will work, basically the axles are the same from the C's out. There are some places that sell them. Go to a junkyard, I found a shitload in my buddy's yard. Dodge will work too, have the same ball joint and spindle pattern.
But have different brakes than Chevy. I know I have seen flat tops on 10 bolts at PNP

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Brad said:

But have different brakes than Chevy. I know I have seen flat tops on 10 bolts at PNP
Not unless someone changed them with D44 knuckles. All 10 bolt fronts have a non-flattop on the pass side.:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Chevy & Jeep (same thing) only had passenger flat top from around '74 - '76, or maybe earlier & a few '77's. They were all 44's, but a direct swap.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
CJ-Jeeper said:
Chevy & Jeep (same thing) only had passenger flat top from around '74 - '76, or maybe earlier & a few '77's. They were all 44's, but a direct swap.
GM went to the open knuckle disc brake D44 in '71 on the K5-10-20.

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
70~K5 said:

Not unless someone changed them with D44 knuckles. All 10 bolt fronts have a non-flattop on the pass side.:flipoff2:
Even Dodge 44 knuckles have different brakes:p

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brad said:

If the Dodge D44 knuckles have the same spindle pattern, i will use my GM spindle and brakes.

thanks for the info....anybody have a d44 dodge pass side flat top knuckle for sale? :flipoff2:

-troy

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
MTUCJ7 said:

If the Dodge D44 knuckles have the same spindle pattern, i will use my GM spindle and brakes.

thanks for the info....anybody have a d44 dodge pass side flat top knuckle for sale? :flipoff2:

-troy
Just make sure you get 81-93 knuckles. You will be having alot of fun trying to bolt up your parts to an older knuckle :flipoff2:

Garrett

1 - 11 of 11 Posts