Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone here actually owns one or not and I know these LC's aren't that popular but I'm hoping someone will know for sure. Are the torsion bars adjustable on the 100 series like on the old torsion sprung IFS pickups and 4Runners? Can you crank in some lift? Just curious. Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uhhh, no, they're not! The Tacoma, Tundra, 4Runner, and Sequoia are coiled IFS, the US spec 100 series LC has torsion bars for some unknown reason. This is EXACTLY why I asked for someone who KNOWS something about these vehicles. Is there anyone on here who "might" have actually been under one or who owns one and knows if they're adjustable or am I stuck with this looser?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Deron said:
Uhhh, no, they're not! The Tacoma, Tundra, 4Runner, and Sequoia are coiled IFS, the US spec 100 series LC has torsion bars for some unknown reason. This is EXACTLY why I asked for someone who KNOWS something about these vehicles. Is there anyone on here who "might" have actually been under one or who owns one and knows if they're adjustable or am I stuck with this looser?
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Looks like it's you and him. Just passing through no good info here.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yeah, you can crank the torsion bars bar up for bit lift, Or better yet get a new set aftermarket sway-away torsion bars. Drexx is running a set. Christo also sells them.

If you don't like your 100, why not trade it for a nice 80?

/td

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Yes the torsion bars are "crankable". Gonna stiffen the ride unless ya hang some extra weight on the front, and need to get it back to stock height. I have a set of replacement 2" coils for the rear of a 100, and I think ARB has new torsion bars to lift the front. So t=yeah you can do it, I decided against it, because I LOVE the ride of MINE.

BTW, I have been under mine, wrenched on it, and it's typical Toyota, and thats exactly why I bought it. However it is overpriced!

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
torsien bars, yes they can be cranked.

two good sources, sleeoffroad.com and the 80-100 forum section on my site.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
ghettojeep said:
Yo Dumbass, the new cruisers are coils.
harsh words from a Newbie......that don't know chit:flipoff2:

I am looking at a 100 myself.....if that tells ya anything:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the info. I'll most likely get an 80 series for the solid axle, I6 and the amount of extra equipment that's available for them but the 100 series are becoming more available at resonable prices so I was curious about being able to adjust the torsion bars. thanks again.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Landpimp said:

harsh words from a Newbie......that don't know chit:flipoff2:

I am looking at a 100 myself.....if that tells ya anything:D
Yeah, Yeah :flipoff2: I thought I'd be a man and admit that I was wrong, instead of just deleting the post. So you can suck it:flipoff2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts