Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put the petroworks 105 Amp Alternator Kit in their sami? If so, do you like it? worth it? for 250 i was trying to think of something i could fab up.

·
Registered
428 Posts
i would save the money and fab it up myself. 250 seems a little expensive, prolly soesnt even include the alt.:shaking:

·
Registered
344 Posts
My friend has thier set up and it is a very clean set up and no wire splicing required. The brakets are nice and straight also.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have been running it for a couple of years. Works great, no problems.
Could definatly see a difference when winching compared to stock alt.
Little pricey, but worth it to me.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Can you get different pulleys for the GM alt's? I have a couple kicking around but I would be hesitant to run it cause im usually at 4000-5000rpm all day and im sure thats a little too much for that thing.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Can you get different pulleys for the GM alt's? I have a couple kicking around but I would be hesitant to run it cause im usually at 4000-5000rpm all day and im sure thats a little too much for that thing.
don't know on other pullys, but my buddy has ran these GMs on his toy 22re's for years no problems, nice part is they put out like 80a at idle:)

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
those stock gm's wont bolt on will they? just fab up a bracket?
not on a 22r, but very easy to make fit.

there are several posts in toy section on them with pics.

I don't know what motor you have, but alt brackets are pretty simple fab work

·
Registered
67 Posts
i would save the money and fab it up myself. 250 seems a little expensive, prolly soesnt even include the alt.:shaking:

yeah you can cut one of the mounting ears off the sammi alt bracket and extend it out to accept the gm alt if you got one laying around hold it up to the bracket you will see:jester:
skyhiranger posted it at kczuks i beleive
and yes you can change the pully but if the gm alt will hold up to those rpms

·
Registered
339 Posts
I modified my stock bracket to work with the GM alternator... took all of an hour from start to finish. I did have to get a longer belt, but for $60 vs. $250, the choice was easy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts