Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I founf a great deal for 4.88's but when I searched the part number, it says for an old nova/chevelle. Will this fit in my old Truck 12 bolt? If not, whats the difference?

·
Registered
205 Posts
No! Different carriers. Do some reseach for yourself for once because if you did you would already know that there are 3 differnt series for the car 12 bolt and that there is 2 for the truck.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Since I know that you will ask, the way you figure out what series you have is by measuring the distance from the bearing hsoulder to the ring gear flange.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive tried searching this and all I found was this quote on a google search. " there are #'s cast on the chunk itself.The 3 series is a # 140, the 4 is a #174 I think.I'm sure about the 3 series though."

Could someone tell me what a chunk is? I cant find it....

·
Registered
205 Posts
if you have the r&p and carrier just measure (read above)

series 3 should measure .895"
series 4 should measure 1.145"

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Meassure what? be specific. Also, is that statement correct? 4 series ring and pinion will fit 3 series carriers?

·
Registered
654 Posts
If a gear is made for a 3 series then it only fits a 3 series, and a 4 a 4. You cannot mismatch, Otherwise when you look at the gears it wouldn's say what series it fits. It's like trying to mix match bbc and sbc parts... It just doesn't work

Your question is going to be, How do I get a 4.56, or 4.88 gear on a 3 series carrier?
Easy you buy a thick gear or get a different carrier to match.

hmmm
jegs.com
summit.com
ringpinion.com
nationaldrivetrain.com
4wheelparts.com
motivegear.com....... list goes on an on but one of these should help you out.

later

jenks

·
Registered
205 Posts
No! Different carriers. Do some reseach for yourself for once because if you did you would already know that there are 3 differnt series for the car 12 bolt and that there is 2 for the truck.
What part of that do you not understand?:shaking:

Since I know that you will ask, the way you figure out what series you have is by measuring the distance from the bearing shoulder to the ring gear flange.
That's what you measure dumbass. How much more specific to I have to be.

if you have the r&p and carrier just measure (read above)
12 bolt truck
series 3 should measure .895"
series 4 should measure 1.145"
That's what it should measure.

I highly suggest that you pull your head out of you ass to do this project you tard.:mad3: Nobody is going to help you if you continue to be this ignorant.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not everyone starts out knowing everything there is to know. You must be one of the lucky ones I guess.

·
Registered
520 Posts
What part of that do you not understand?:shaking:
That's what you measure dumbass. How much more specific to I have to be.

To be more specific, stand the carrier on the ground on its bearing journal with the ring gear facing up and measure from the ground to the ring gear mounting surface.

IIRC 12T does have three carrier breaks
2.73 / 2.76 - 3.42 / 3.73

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not everyone starts out knowing everything there is to know. You must be one of the lucky ones I guess.
No. I don't know everything and never will. hence the reason why Pirate even exists. I do searches on it and google all the time. you just need to do more research. I found all of that when I was going to try to beef up my pos 12 bolt. Took no more than ten minutes to find that info too! You just want the rest of us to do all the work for you.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Since I know that you will ask, the way you figure out what series you have is by measuring the distance from the bearing shoulder to the ring gear flange.
And i was specific as to what you needed to measure. just thought that you would have already known that you needed to stand the carrier on the ground with the r & p facing up since it is pretty damn obvious:shaking:

·
Registered
205 Posts
76POS

You have some big words for being a noob on here. Don't just show up on pirate and think you are King Shit here.
I am not trying to act that way but if you have seen or been involved with any of his other threads you would understand. I gave himm all the info that he needed then he acts like I was just giving him shit. Which I might be to an extent since he always wants everybody to do all the work for him. I know that I don't know shit compared to some of the guys here and I have the up most respect for them and there time.

·
Registered
241 Posts
They can be found in a 14 bolt full floater:lmao:

Just messing with ya:)
But seriously time to scrap the tiny 12 bolt and go 1 ton.

yeah rrriighht... but witch one is better, weaker cheaper, smaller 12 bolt whit less grond clearance or more heavy, more expensive, bigger and stronger full-floater...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts