Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to junkyard in a couple days to get a 12 bolt and i need to know what to look for and where to look for it to find info about the axel

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
If you notice both shock mounts on the front of the axle its probably 67-72. Different spring perch width too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in my 10 bolt either a pinon bearing or wheel bearing is out and i wanted to upgrade to the stronger axel so i can run 38's without worries, will any 12 bolts fit my 86 k5 blazer that will be a straight bolt up?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wanted a 14 bolt but its not a direct bolt up, need to move in spring perches and dont have the money:(

·
Registered
43 Posts
yes i second that 14 bolt!12 bolt isnt much stronger than a 10 bolt 38's and 12 bolts don't mix also you should be able to find a 14bolt for no more than 200.00 or so check the axles for sale where in cali do you live?:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
really? well id do it but id need to get new rims and brake lines along with the new drive shaft, i assume that the leght wouldnt be the same , and i really dont have the money

·
Registered
636 Posts
a 3/4 14bolt should go right on. And should be too much and i bet finding one will be perty easty too as everyone whants the 1ton.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but id still need to get rims with 8 lugs and e-brake cables and then id have to get a dana 44 or 60 or some other 8 lug axel up front

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
where could i get the rings, and how much, also how much for the e-brake lines and what u-joint # would i need

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
does the 3/4 ton come with stock 4.56 gears or is that only the 1 ton and would the front out of a 3/4 ton be a straight bolt up as well, what years for these axels?

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
I just saw a 14 bolt on the FS board for $150 w/ 4.10. I think I saw a set of 8 lug outers for your 44 also.

A 12 bolt is'nt worth the bother. I think your 10 b has the same 30 spline shafts. All you would gain is a little bigger ring gear.

IMO if you are'nt giong to do a real upgrade, yust rebuild what you have.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
12 bolts around here go for around $500. You might be able to find a good deal on a whole set of 3/4 ton axles for less than that. You can get cheapo 15" 8 holes rims for around $40ish or so.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts