Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we just installed a 12" chevy lift on an 85 sfa yota truck and we are haveing probs desiding wich way to go on the steering.

1. make a custom drag link to acoomodate the lift, will need to drop 5 additonal inchs farther than the superlift 7" drag link.

2. convert to ifs or 2wd style stearing and make a high steer setup.

anyone done this lift? what was your solution? pics appreciated.

·
Registered
600 Posts
oh my goodness that truck sounds badass!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

i bet you can clear at least some 38's on that with good flex, actually what i would do is drop the chevy lift and go back to IFS steering will be much easier to fabricate at that lift, and imagine the ground clearence under the crossmember!!!!

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Home Depot sells rebar really cheap. Cut the stock pitman arm and draglink and weld it back together with the rebar spacers. Booty fab is your friend.

Better put your Nomex suit on newbie.:flipoff2:

·
Battle Masher
2,243 Posts
I would run away really fast. Just a warning. Good luck

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
jesselt said:
One question, Why the Fawk?

Becuase most people dont understand what it takes to be truely trail worthy. You know this Jesse how many of your friends have absolutely no idea what you are talking about half the time just like mine.

You say,"I am building a 4x4"

They say,"What are you running a 5" Skyjacker I hear those are great"

You say,"No I am using mazda springs and put my rear springs up front and blah blah blah

about that time they look at you like you are a moron and their eyes glaze over as you leave them in you fabricating dust.:D

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
Are these Toyota axles? What tire size? What percent of the truck is chrome?

Stock solid axle steering is not an option unless you want to have a feature truck on scarysteering.com

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my buddy did not relize what he was getting into, but he knows now. we have started leaning towards the ifs box and high cross stearing.

right now it is on 39 boggers and the bottom of the body is 5 inchs over the tires. as of now he is gonna run the ota axles, until they break, and then upgrade. pics will be up when i get them on the comp.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
You will not be able to safely drive it with a conventional setup.... at least I wouldn't trust my life to it.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
that sounds like a fawkin monster cant wait to see the pics. i agree though the ifs box and x-over seems like it would be the best way if i were you i would consider hydro asist also

1 - 20 of 63 Posts