Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys ive been googling but not coming up with what im looking for.
Wich way to face lower bracket and whats acceptable.
This is on a xj 12". I have them leaning in 5deg and back 5deg upper bracket sees little misalignment anywhere in travel. Lower to me looks to have alot of misalignment and full compression and droop. At ride height its good.
I've messed with perpendicular to axle parralell and a slight angle like pictured.

Is this acceptable. I think its my best orientation.
First pic is full compression articulated.
Second full droop both axle sides
3rd is how I have it orientated.
4th upper at full compression articulated

Am I over thinking it? Thinking that's just how the lower is going to be.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
Hard to tell if there is still some misalignment left but it looks like there is. My 2 thoughts are the mounts are not digging into the shock so thats good, and is that master cylinder trapped for life?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response. Tower is bolted to 1/4" stiffners.

I think I'll wait till last to lock lowers down. Maybe lean the bracket back a fuzz

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im cycling away seems if I make it better in one spot its worse in another.

I took it apart where it looks the worst it just barely has alittle left. So ill probly just eventually get over it and stick it on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Messed with it more. Angled bracket slight to the back at ride height seems to have alleviated some misalignment at the extremes

Moving to passenger side now. Finally

·
Premium Member
2,653 Posts
Yeah murphys law is guaranteed to f you on that shock tower. Do something so you can easily change the master.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
H8

I tried it rotated 90. I ended up putting it on how my last pictures are bolt perpendicular to axle. Not sure thats the best but I liked it better that way

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Buttoning things up.

Went for a few test runs on the accutune tuning and wooow is all I have to say. Flat put wooow. They also hit my target ride by +1. I didnt want any lift but I have no complaints. Have 12" of travel almost perfectly centerd from ride height.

Did end up with 5deg in and back lean. Track bar pulling axle screwed me. Had to rework passenger tower for coil clearance.

Probably going to redo lower mounts but working on upper tower subframe. I think tower may work as is bolted to a 1/"4 plated subframe but over tge long term i don't want to trust it.

Decided to cut bending down since I suck at bending. To run straight to the fire wall first then the cross bar snuck in right behind intake.
Can still check brake fluid

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alittle each evening. First bar to the firewall finished, plateing firewall on passenger working on bolt plates. Hoping a couple more evenings and upper subframe is wrapped up.

Hoops may have been easier but this is what I've envisioned from the start.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts