Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I Searched and got this thread:

conversioin u joint thread

SO I got NAPA part number 348. My question is if anyone knows the part number for the spicer version of this joint? The reason why I ask is that the person who wants this information lives in a remote location, I'm not sure he has a NAPA, I think all he has is a canadian tire, so the only thing they know how to go by is 'application?' - usually asked by a slack jawed, bored, spaced out teenager severely lacking in motivation (at minimum wage, can you blame them?). Anyway, I'm just trying to get as much information as possible to get him hooked up.

FYI, he is trying to hook his stock TJ front driveshaft to a Ford HP60 front axle he's swapped in, it has a 1350 yoke on it, I believe.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Chad

· Registered
1,621 Posts
Factory yoke on my HP60 was 1330joint. I am running a spicer 1310/1330 conversion joint on it. Not sure of the part number.PM crackhead on the board. He works at driveline service.

· Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info guys, I will pm crack head to get that part number.

I assumed it was 1350/1310 because that is what I run with my 14 bolt, but I suppose it could be 1330/1310. I will make sure he takes all relevant parts and/or measurements with him to ensure he gets the right joint.

Chad

· Premium Member
645 Posts
there definatly is a "Bastard" u-joint for 1310 to 1350. But, everyone that i have used has not fit just right. Could be because I just got the NAPA specials though. can't go wrong with spicers much better product.
jim

· Registered
9,339 Posts
I say get measuring, I do not think a 1350 was a stock yoke in a d60f
I used a ford 1330 in my last one to upgrae from the chev 1310
easier to change the yoke in his case to a common 1310 from a chev
or barring that change the slipyoke on the shaft to the ford

· Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I told him to take both the driveshshaft yoke and diff yoke with him to make sure he gets the right one, and let him know that the opinion of the board was the diff was 1330, not 1350, plus all the part numbers from this thread, so he is armed with as much info as I can give. I also believe it'd be better to change the yoke, but he wants to go this route, for whatever reason.

· Registered
2,309 Posts
I'm with mj on this one, for this application it should be real easy to swap either the yolk or the slip on the driveshaft; conversion joints are a PITA to find if you need them, and get expensive pretty quick. Ask me how I know. :flipoff2:

Pete

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.