Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got to thinking this morning, would a bw 1345 or 1356 hold up when used as a range box between a 435 transmission and a 205 transfer?
Who has done this? what is the overall length of this combo as compared to a 203/205 combo?
What is the strength compared to the 203?
I currently run a np 435/203/205 and for the most part am fairly happy BUT it would always be nice to have a lower range box. IF it would hold up to my large right foot...So what do you guys think? Would it be a good idea, worth the effort. Or does this seem like a retarded newb question and I am just missing out on something?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
the bw 1356 is a single piece chain driven case. It does not seperate into 2 pieces like a 203. So you could run the 203 low box before the 1356 but not the other way around.
I believe the 1345 is the same style as the 1356 so the same things applie

·
Premium Member
3,961 Posts
you will probably split the 205 behind it before 13-56..

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
You are a fucking idiot. Either that, or you are the sonofabitch trying to sell them and decided to run a second screen name.

Either way, that is probably just about the worst possible option out there, for the time being, since the fuckhead building them has no idea what he is doing, has no clue what quality control is, takes peoples money without delivering, etc. etc. etc.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=993427

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=996183

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1020832

Nothing else needs to be said on the subject.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
the bw 1356 is a single piece chain driven case. It does not seperate into 2 pieces like a 203. So you could run the 203 low box before the 1356 but not the other way around.
I believe the 1345 is the same style as the 1356 so the same things applie

:shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking:

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
:shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking::shaking:
so where did i fuck up?
The way i read his question he wanted to use a 1345 or 1346 in place of a 203 in a doubler setup. I have never actually seen a 1345 but the 1356 is chain driven and can not be seperated like a 203.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I had one running divorced in a crew cab GM behind a TBI 350 and a 4 speed. It was in front of a 205 and my axles were geared 4.11 The truck was on 44s. It wa a homebrew setup I made an adapter to take place of the tail cone.
Mine was kinda hack.
Total reduction was like 147:1 with a 435 it'd be a little more. Crawled awsome. I couldnt keep a transfecase mount in it though and It liked to loosen up the adapter bolts.

kinda like this but with a Pass side drop 205.
http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872210&highlight=1356+doubler

I would run the DD Machine setup in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
If you have the room for it full length, a slip yoke 1356 can be used as a doubler with just an adapter housing, the output shaft is the same spline as the input, and it has a nice flat flange when you remove the tailhousing.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is what I was thinking of, I new I had seen the kits, apparently there is not very many people that have done this yet? Seems to me, It would be something to look into IF it will hold up.
I did the math this morning I am at like 130 to 1 now and with a 1345 as a range box it would put me at 170 something to 1
So like I said the question is will it hold up?

·
Premium Member
3,961 Posts
this is what I was thinking of, I new I had seen the kits, apparently there is not very many people that have done this yet? Seems to me, It would be something to look into IF it will hold up.
I did the math this morning I am at like 130 to 1 now and with a 1345 as a range box it would put me at 170 something to 1
So like I said the question is will it hold up?

I did it 6-7 years ago... it works great...
As I said, your more likely to break the 205 than the 13-56 that is in front of it

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
You are a fucking idiot. Either that, or you are the sonofabitch trying to sell them and decided to run a second screen name.
i guess im gonna go with, im an idiot because i had no idea who that guy is/was and i found that site long before i ever knew about pirate...

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
i guess im gonna go with, im an idiot because i had no idea who that guy is/was and i found that site long before i ever knew about pirate...
Yeah, you wouldn't want to actually know anything about a product before you recommended it to someone. I mean, It's not like you could have done a search on the product or anything like that?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
so you have to go and chop a 1356 in half with a hacksaw then. If i had $500 and a second 1356 that might work. As it sits i have $0 and a 1356 and a 208

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
so you have to go and chop a 1356 in half with a hacksaw then. If i had $500 and a second 1356 that might work. As it sits i have $0 and a 1356 and a 208

I'm sure you are trying to make a point here, but I'll be damned if I know what it is.

Your initial argument was that you couldn't use a 1356 for a doubler, now it's just that you can't afford to.

Who gives a fuck. The information I provided was for the OP's benefit, not yours. Nobody said you had to do a damn thing.

·
Premium Member
3,887 Posts
Both of those guys kinda fizzled out.

As for the bw1356. I uh.... Broke 6 of those.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts