Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, Ok I dropped the cash bought a arb locker for my 14 bolt 10.5 can I get some ideas on any type of air compressor to run it. I have read good and bad about there line arbs. so what about other brands. I think I will run a reserve tank also just in case so throw your ideas up and let me know, some day I will not be the FNG and I will be able to help others the way you guys do thx

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Just get the ARB compressor, no need for a reserve tank. Easy to wire up, solenoids screw into it. Mind you this is only good for ARB lockers, not filling up tires, etc.

·
Registered
21,239 Posts
Great. Now I have "All Out of Love" running through my head.

anyway...

The ARB compressor is fine, but IMO the two better options for the cost are either an engine-drive AC-compressor based pump with a tank (search via Google for more info) or a CO2 tank (which would give you more than enough air for a weekend's wheeling - also search google). Attach a regulator to either setup to avoid blowing out lines.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I have a Firestone air pump that I got off of a guy who was upgrading his air bag pump to a York. I wired up a 130 psi pressure cutoff switch and an air regulator set @ 90 psi. I also plumbed a small air tank into the line and mounted it on the firewall.
An ARB would have probably be much easier, but I am a cheap bastard and prefer to piece things together with added hassle in order to save a few dollars...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts