Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to modify/fab a 14 bolt FF rear diff to use as a front diff. in an IFS chev. truck. anyone ever done this?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
One of the guys from WMS runs a 14B front end, but that solid axle. Why would you want to waste all that time and money on an IFS when you could just as easily do a SAS? Even then, unless you have the access to parts and machinery, why even try to make a 14B front?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Take if from someone who went from IFS to s SFA....IFS sucks more cock than all the sororities in this country combined. If you think a 14 bolt centersection would look cool as an IFS front dif, this about how much cooler it would looke as a SFA diff. by the way why do you need something that big in the front?

·
Registered
135 Posts
IFS does have potential- look at hummers, it has to be really tough, but if it is then it can be good. but i say SFA is generally better.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I hate it when people compare IS (independant suspension) to HMMWV (Pronounce "Hum-vee") suspension. There is no production vehicle with a suspension like the HMMWV's suspension. Comparing HMMWV suspension to ANY other IFS rig is like comparing the bark on a tree to the bark of a dog. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts