Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched, and its not in the 14 bolt bible.. my pinion is tilted up 12 degrees, should i overfill to keep the pinion oiled????

THIS SHOULD BE IN THE 14 BOLT BIBLE

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I just fill mine until it comes out of the hole. Dunno how many degrees it's turned up, but it's under a FS Bronco... probably close to yours, anyway.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
14B's don't have the problems that Dana axles have because the fill plug is in the housing. When you raise the pinion the fluid level at the bottom of the hole will be higher as well.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Yeah, the bigger issue is probably how badly it pisses fluid out the breather. I'd bet there's more than a gallon of fluid in mine, but no problems with overflow.

·
Banned
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
saf-t scissors said:
Yeah, the bigger issue is probably how badly it pisses fluid out the breather. I'd bet there's more than a gallon of fluid in mine, but no problems with overflow.

it puked out a half gallon on me, (my breather is in the cab), because my helper put 2 and some gallons in it. stock says almost a gallon, but my pinion is far from stock angle... if ya fill it till it overflows then ya put about 2.25 gallons in it, FYI. im using 1.5 gallons now, with no probs, but was wondering what everyone else ran

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Mine is probly angled up as much as yours, I filled it right up to the fill plug to try and keep the pinon lubed, My breathers are all run up the firewall and connected to the engine intake snorkel. I'v never lost any fluid from over flow or had any other problems to speak of to date.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts