Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
its not standard or recommended pratice but any T-case will run at that angle with 1350 or 1410 u-joints. at slow speeds the drive shaft can handle that offset, anything fast would be pushing the u-joints, jason.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
probally this axles was built for a rear steer applacation and somehow made its way to the front, this is my guess, jason.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The pinion in relation to the front cover is offset on a 14 bolt.
A buddy of mine did the same thing with an Eaton rear. He used 60 outers with 14 bolt hubs. We made some custom drive flanges. He runs a Ford 205 and things line up pretty well.

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
The pinion in relation to the front cover is offset on a 14 bolt.
A buddy of mine did the same thing with an Eaton rear. He used 60 outers with 14 bolt hubs. We made some custom drive flanges. He runs a Ford 205 and things line up pretty well.
I was about to mention that ... very few pinion ARE centered in relation to the back side of the housing. I believe a 14-bolt is 3.5" off center. But that's still a pretty centered-looking pinion even if those axle tubes are equi-length.

But still not impossible yo deal with ... clock the 205 all the way down and it woudl work fine. Or run that aftermarket t-case.

J. J.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts