Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found these pics of a 14 bolt front and im wondering what t-case will allow a center front diff.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Theres no driveshaft or axleshafts, probably not functional.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
its not standard or recommended pratice but any T-case will run at that angle with 1350 or 1410 u-joints. at slow speeds the drive shaft can handle that offset, anything fast would be pushing the u-joints, jason.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Well with no driveline or axles any transfercase would work:D If someone wanted to go to all that trouble why not retube it for the correct side of drop? Then with custom axles it could work. Oops too slow.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
probally this axles was built for a rear steer applacation and somehow made its way to the front, this is my guess, jason.

·
Newb
3,124 Posts
That's a project by a CK5 member that never got finished. Iirc, his plans were to use a ProFab center drop monster type truck t-case.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
probally this axles was built for a rear steer applacation and somehow made its way to the front, this is my guess, jason.
This would be my guess as well. Its been discussed about doing front 14ff before and everything I have ever read suggests its not cost effective at all.

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
anyone ever make a 12bolt fron axle yet?

·
Vertical Limits
5,037 Posts
there is a new vendor here that just posted them up with pimpy parts for $3800.

yes, but the one you are referring to has chromo rock shafts, rock knuckles, sealed joints, 8 lug conversion and wilwood brakes. IMO it takes too much money to make 60 stuff hold up in the rear.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
I remember one with rockwell outers. Anybody know the site?

·
Registered
49 Posts
The pinion in relation to the front cover is offset on a 14 bolt.
A buddy of mine did the same thing with an Eaton rear. He used 60 outers with 14 bolt hubs. We made some custom drive flanges. He runs a Ford 205 and things line up pretty well.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
The pinion in relation to the front cover is offset on a 14 bolt.
A buddy of mine did the same thing with an Eaton rear. He used 60 outers with 14 bolt hubs. We made some custom drive flanges. He runs a Ford 205 and things line up pretty well.
I was about to mention that ... very few pinion ARE centered in relation to the back side of the housing. I believe a 14-bolt is 3.5" off center. But that's still a pretty centered-looking pinion even if those axle tubes are equi-length.

But still not impossible yo deal with ... clock the 205 all the way down and it woudl work fine. Or run that aftermarket t-case.

J. J.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts