Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to identify a 14 bolt compared to the semi floater eaton 14 bolt without taking them apart? Im not big on knowledge when it comes to chevys.

Thanks

Btw, anyone know what axle comes in a 1998 chevy 2500? 8 lug rear

·
Registered
98 Posts
cover

The semi float has an egg shaped cover while the full float has a more angular cover. If it doesn't have caps on the rear tires, look there. If there is a hub; full float. If it looks like a regular axleshaft end; semi float

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The semi float has an egg shaped cover while the full float has a more angular cover. If it doesn't have caps on the rear tires, look there. If there is a hub; full float. If it looks like a regular axleshaft end; semi float
Looks like its a rounder cover.... My hunt continues then. I need a full floater. Seem impossible to find a narrower 14 bolt axle. need one between 61-64" wide face to face (drum face or rotor face)

·
Registered
98 Posts
There were some narrow 70s made. My cj 10 has one and I know I put one under a toy mini truck long ago. Can't remember what it was out of though. Sorry mate

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I think you would be looking for a cab and chassis axle. This would be a dually rear.

·
Registered
131 Posts
also a really quick way to tell is by looking at the pinion to see if it bolts in with 6 bolts, if it does its a full floater 14 bolt

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
you can take 6" out of any of them with two short sides. With DRW hubs it'll tuck 31s into the fenders on a ranger box without pulling the fenders.

Two different housings, DRW pickup and everything else. DRW pickup is wider with longer axle shafts.

Either get an SRW housing and put DRW hubs on, or get a C&C axle to get the same setup (with huuuge drums on it)

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
you can take 6" out of any of them with two short sides. With DRW hubs it'll tuck 31s into the fenders on a ranger box without pulling the fenders.

Two different housings, DRW pickup and everything else. DRW pickup is wider with longer axle shafts.

Either get an SRW housing and put DRW hubs on, or get a C&C axle to get the same setup (with huuuge drums on it)
Don't forget about the van axle, it's different than the drw axle and srw. It's wms is around 70" if I remember correctly. But yes, you can take an srw axle and put drw hubs on it to make it around 63" wms.you can negate any drum brakes with a disc brake conversion. Check my thread to find a link to the cheapest set of brackets I could find.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone! Unfortunately what the guy had that I was looking at was the semi floater.... I want the full so ill keep looking :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts