Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a 14bolt yoke that uses a 1350 joint and ubolts? I dont really like the idea of the straps and would like to get rid of them.

Also why cant you just drill out the threads, gring down the back side of the yoke and throw a u bolt on there?:confused:

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'm not sure on the 14 bolt yoke but drilling out is common on d35 to use ubolt instead of strap. I don't know y it wouldnt work.

·
Premium Member
14,731 Posts
Call up Jesse @ HighAngle he sells the "drilled out" ones.. I`m sure he can tell you what size bit to use to drill it out - as well as what Dana/Spicer part # for the u-bolts.

Let me know how it goes.. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
called jesse today, he states that drilling out and grinding the yoke weakens the yoke. he says to use GM part #3920486 available from your friendly local GM dealer.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BETA said:
called jesse today, he states that drilling out and grinding the yoke weakens the yoke. he says to use GM part #3920486 available from your friendly local GM dealer.
So that part # will give you a 1350 ubolt yoke for a 14 bolt?

I tried the ubolt conversion. I broke the ujoint and the ubolts stayed intact. I have since then upgraded to a 1410 joint. I was having a lot of problems with axle wrap that I didnt understand at the time.

If I were still running a 1350 yoke with straps I would try the ubolt coversion again. I agree it will weaken the yoke but I dont think the yoke would be the weak spot of the setup, but instead the ubolts still.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts