Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you convert a 14 bolt disc bake setup for 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern? Using rotors,ect. for the 60 conversion on the 14 bolt?

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what do you guys think of having a spacer made up that changes to the 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern? spacer/bolt pattern change.

Mountain offroad makes these.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
CJredneck said:
Can you convert a 14 bolt disc bake setup for 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern?
yes

As far as the spacer/adapter, you are much better off to do the research and make a reliable and dependable conversion than to use the spacers. Furthermore, there is no information here about the axle that you want to work on and the vehicle that it is going into.

SEARCH. search. then post

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to change the bolt pattern on a chevy 14 bolt which will have disc brakes to 5 on 5 1/2 for a CJ5. I have been serching and haven't found anything yet. Maybe I am just blind. lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
Try Wagoner Machine Shop, they might be able to help you out

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
It takes custom machine work to make it work, because the 14 bolt hubs are to big to fit through a 5 on 5 1/2" center hole.
WMS makes custom parts and so does Grady McCloeud at Extreme. I believe Sean (Gearman) at RCD, and Welder Boy are also getting ready to fab parts for that same thing.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
there's a guy in the Chevy Forum that turned down 14-bolt hubs to run 6 on 5.5, so 5 on 5.5 would work too, can't recall the name though, search and ye shall find.

·
Registered
774 Posts
hopefully some one else will chime in with some input on this. I'm fixing to find out what I have to do to get a rotor to fit on the 14 bolt hub with a 5x5.5 bolt pattern. Can the front of the hub be turned some to fit the center of the aftermarket wheels with the 5x5.5 bolt pattern?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts