Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bolted up the front 1410 shaft on Shaffers rig last night, and it binds bad at droop. Looks like there is quite a bit of meat on the yokes, but jeez it looks like I'm going to have to take a lot off to keep from binding at full drop. How much meat do you think is safe to grind without compromising strength?

·
Premium Member
3,297 Posts
for you i wouldnt grind any i would limit droop as fb wont be able to pick that sht out of those holes this year hehehehe :flipoff2: remember if ya touch the rig you DQd :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Ok, this may sound like a dumb question, but why all of a sudden is everyone runnin 1410s?? I didnt see any 1350s breaking, but I only made it to a few comps so I missed alot of action, just wondering if the 1350s were breaking that often:confused:

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
BadAZYj said:
Ok, this may sound like a dumb question, but why all of a sudden is everyone runnin 1410s?? I didnt see any 1350s breaking, but I only made it to a few comps so I missed alot of action, just wondering if the 1350s were breaking that often:confused:
i am switching because the 1410's allow more travel before binding. atleast that is what a chart i saw said. the rig i am building is close to binding when at rest so i know i need some more travel.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Have jess make you up a double CV . Then you can drop it to china and not worry about it.

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
lance a little cleaning on the casting is cool- or a limit strap even- a little being 1/32 or so- or we could go yoda and acheive almost the same stout-ness and 41 degree's -Jess

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
i ground alot off mine and they are holding up. it's dark out and my rig is on the trailer. i'll get pics in the morning if ya need them

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
Nice erik - we fully expect pic's in the am huh! I put mine thru a little stump/tree expulsion this weekend bent the rear bracket on the frame holing the strap and distroyed the strap ends- the tree finally gave up now its a nice place for a garden - hunny doo's converted into fun! :D - Jesse

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have a limiting strap on it, but at full droop it binds. We need the droop. The shaft is at approximately 33* at full droop. I grinded the piss out of the yoke and it clears now. I don't think it will be a problem now. Jess, you can do a Yota yoke on the Atlas? :confused:

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
i have now run mine ground like you see on 10 hammer trails and 2 days at pismo. i will be pulling my whole front end apart this week to inspect every thing and i will have the yoke magnafluxed. visual inspection looks good but we will see how it looks after proper inspection.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
BadAZYj said:

i run 1410 on the pinions because they withstand being smashed on rocks better with out the ubotls flying off.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
camo said:

i run 1410 on the pinions because they withstand being smashed on rocks better with out the ubotls flying off.
Makes sence too me:cool: Im still running puny 1310s, but have yet to break one(I must not be "gettin it":D) but was planning on stepping up to 1350s. So does 1350 at the t-case and 1410 at the pinion sound like a good idea? I still run my rig on the road every once in a while so Im not sure the 1410 cv would be good for me. FYI my drivetrain is stock 4.0,AX-15(not for much longer),D300, and 35spline 60s.

Let us know the results of that magnaflux camo.

Thanks;)

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
BadAZYj said:
Im still running puny 1310s, but have yet to break one(I must not be "gettin it":D)
i used to run 1310's in the jeep and when i got the atlas i stepped up to 1350's to match my 14bolt and atlas yokes however the 1310 stayed on the front d60 yoke. i have broken alot of stuff on my rig (front d44 u-joints, front d60 lockout, front dana60 stubs, drive shafts, eng mounts, transmision housing, etc, etc and i never broke a 1310 u-joint that was not a result of either axle wrap or a failed pinion yoke. never. i run 42's with a vortec 350 and i am not scared to get it. i don't know weather i have been lucky or if they really don't break that much. anyway i am going to 1410's with the new rig just because. the 1350's don't allow as much travel and i am close to binding as it is. with your setup i see no reason not to stick with 1310's. just my op.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts