Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Look under a 70's or 80's (?) Cadillac, they have some bastard of a rear axle that has a 14 bolt removable pinion even though the axle is no where near the size of a 14 bolt. They have a flange that should bolt right onto a 14bolt pinion and then maybe you could make a Toyota adapter to that. Just a thought for a junkyard solution with a little bit of fab work. I have the pinion housing from one in my parts pile somewhere but I have never tried putting the flange on a 14 bolt pinion.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jesse @ high angle but they are around $300
I knew that he was making them. I was just checking to see if anyone else was. Why are they so much more expensive. you can about buy a custom driveshaft for the price of the flange. Just wondering, im sure there is a reason...

·
Gravity Works!
30,943 Posts
I knew that he was making them. I was just checking to see if anyone else was. Why are they so much more expensive. you can about buy a custom driveshaft for the price of the flange. Just wondering, im sure there is a reason...
For one not a huge demand for them yet.

The main reason is that they are a two piece item made from billet steel and I'm sure it takes allot of hours to make them.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I was going to buy one but then decided against it. A little too much coin for my build. Jesse told me they are very labor intensive to create the two piece unit and there is little demand. I ended up getting the slip yoke off a pickup truck and welding it into the 2" square tube D-line. Works perfect.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
It's essentially the same thing as a D60 flange except with an extra piece of plate...by my calculations the flange costs $109 and the piece of plate costs $180. :laughing:

I had a friend of mine make a Toyota flange to 1350 adapter.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I dont really know what I will do. I odviously need my driveshaft with the yota cv on one end and the 1350 on the other. The flange is still cheaper than buying a driveshaft and then I could have my stock yota shaft retubed and lengthened. any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
yea Jesse makes them but they're expensive.

I decided to go pull the end off a 14 bolt driveline and just weld it to a toyota end at the t-case side.

Has worked fine... and gave it some beefy sidewall instead of that thin shit.

This is a trail rig only of course....

·
Gravity Works!
30,943 Posts
yea Jesse makes them but they're expensive.

I decided to go pull the end off a 14 bolt driveline and just weld it to a toyota end at the t-case side.

Has worked fine... and gave it some beefy sidewall instead of that thin shit.

This is a trail rig only of course....
That's what I ended up doing cept I already had my Toy shaft beefed 1/4 wall DOM. I just sawed off the Toy diff end a welded the 14b with slip yolk on.

If Jesse had that thing around $150 I would've jumped on it, a bit tough though at $300.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts