Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finishing up the shaving, disk conversion,moving perches and shock locations. Now I need to think of the drive shaft. I know I can just get a 1310-1350 conversion joint. But I know that would be a weak link and it is about$30. If I brake it on the trail, it would get coslty to kee replacing. And would be hard to find some places. I have to shorten the shaft about an inch, so is it possible to get a 1350 end piece attached to my shaft. Then could just go 1350 all the way. They are cheap and easy to find. This is an 81 J10. What are some options if the above will not work? Thanks, Dennis

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
yes you can find all the parts without going to highangle...well unless you can get one for free:D . i am not saying high angle does not make some killer shafts but some cant afford them. i would love to have one but i need other stuff first and i don't need a CV shaft so i can build a nice shaft. unbalanced but i don't drive it on the street much :flipoff2:

go to your local drive shaft shop (big rig shop) and they can order you anything you need to make whatever from what i have found.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Yes you can get just the yoke for a 1350 but you have to have a 2.5" diameter driveline at least. They don't make 1350 yokes for 2 or 2.250 drivelines.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
actually the do make yokes for 2" tube -3-28-777 - and we make them fit 2 1/4 with a tube bushing we manufacture- Jess

1 - 5 of 5 Posts