Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to pull the codes on a '15 Ram 2500 Cummins without going to the dealer? There's no message at all in the center dash readout thing. Truck has 78k on it and bone stock. I cleaned the EGR valve and replaced the crankcase filter at 67,500 when it popped up that it needed that service. Reset the timer for that.

Truck runs fine other than the CEL being on? :confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was hoping for a turn the key on and off 3 times while not starting kinda thing that would give me a code like all the other vehicles i have ever owned.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
i was hoping for a turn the key on and off 3 times while not starting kinda thing that would give me a code like all the other vehicles i have ever owned.
Is this your first time owning a vehicle newer than 1996 (aka with OBD2)? Go to autozone or whatever and they'll pull your codes with an OBD2 reader for free.

:homer::homer::homer::homer:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
had the parts monkey pull the codes for me. P20EE is what it showed. Looks like an emissions issue.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
probably nox sensor....

my diesel colorado just popped the same code,,,waiting over a week for the part because UAW is on fucking strike.:mad3:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
probably nox sensor....

my diesel colorado just popped the same code,,,waiting over a week for the part because UAW is on fucking strike.:mad3:
Taking it in Monday to have it checked out. from what I have read on other forums most say it is the SCR. The fix seems to be they replace that, remove one of the ammonia sensors and reflash the ECM. Some guys said that it was covered under the 8/80k emissions warranty. I am at 78.5k now so it will sit til i get it sorted out.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Taking it in Monday to have it checked out. from what I have read on other forums most say it is the SCR. The fix seems to be they replace that, remove one of the ammonia sensors and reflash the ECM. Some guys said that it was covered under the 8/80k emissions warranty. I am at 78.5k now so it will sit til i get it sorted out.
good call..:laughing:

im not sure i want to dick with a new diesel that is out of warranty. ...

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
There may be a recall related to the issue, I think my '15 had some recall work done to that system a while back.

Pete

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
There may be a recall related to the issue, I think my '15 had some recall work done to that system a while back.

Pete
Yes, the SCR system has a recall. Took my '15 in for that, truck never had an issue before or after the "fix".
Travis..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts