Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find some 16.5 Beadlocks, that I can install on some wheels I have. I was hoping there was a DIY type in a 16.5" size, is there, and where would I acquire some

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
you would still need to safty bead the inside as the outside would be secure but the inside is now able to slide in with little resistance. are you set on these rims?
getting hummer rims recentered is not all that pricy.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no I am not set on these wheels. I did want to do a double beadlock though. I just found out I can get a set for around $200 a wheel, already set up. So I may just go that route. by the way, where is a good place to get the aforementioned hummer wheels, and to have them recentered with a 6 lug pattern??

·
Registered
585 Posts
there is a guy on the board named 66cjdean or something like that, actually i'm pretty sure thats his name email him he's got them in stock or can do them.

Wes

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
just search hummer rims and you will get a ton of hits, just veiw the posts that say some shat like "look at my new..." you get the idea
the aformentioned name and daniel (search 6x6) both do it . deans work is nice.
and both of them should already have hummer rims cut and recentered already:flipoff2:

·
Registered
617 Posts
This is by no means a complete or scientific test, because I simply have not had them out enough to give firm results, BUT:

I built 16.5 beadlocks (actually BillaVista did for me) using 'standard' 8.25 inch wide rims (4.75 bspace) and rock stomper bead locks. Ended up 9.75 wide, 4.75 bs, 16.5 beadlocks.

I have used them for 3 rock crawling trail runs, running 38.5 14.5 SXs aired down to 5 ~ 6 psi.

So far I have NOT lost an inner bead.

If I start losing inner beads then I will do the inside safety bead thing.

They are super easy to mount the tires on, much easier than 15 inch rims.

They WILL lose the inner bead a lot easier. For instance, when the tire goes flat, with weight on it you lose the inner bead.

BUT so far with 5 ~ 6 psi in it I have retained the inner bead.

Not that hummer rims aren't cool!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts