Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No I haven't done a search yet & don't have time to waste on it right now..:flipoff2:.Anyways, I have a chance to get some new Swampers for cheap but they are 16". I told the guy that have never liked 16" tires & let them pass but now that I think about it I can't say why I don't like them. So what's the pros & cons VS 15" tires? These were little 34x10.5s for my Suzuki BTW. ;)

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
generally 16s are harder to find sizes for, especially used...but if it is the size you want then there is nothing wrong...and in fact you loose sidewall flex by going to a bigger rim...thats a big part of why most comp guys are running 17" rims...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HUh??? I thought tire flex was good? Now I'm confuzzed.:confused:

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
It is and it isn't.

Since more of the height from hub to ground is metal, you don't lose as much clearance by airing down.

At high speeds (which the comp guys kinda see) the tires won't squirm off the line as much.

However, you'll have to air down a little more cuz the sidewall is shorter - potentially negating point #1.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
You don;t have time to "waste" searching for the answers to your questions, but you expect us to "waste" our time helping you out????

Nice 'tude :flipoff2:

·
Registered
636 Posts
i have never heard of any bad news whith 16" rims.
You guys realy like the search button dont ya.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
mepr said:
Yes. Because unless you are inventing parts, it has probobly been talked about at least once.

·
Registered
636 Posts
well that just take all the fun out of message boads for spammers...
Hello who said that...

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
mepr said:
yet another NooB who obviosuly did NOT read the sticky posts at the top of the page... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you guy spent half as much time pissin & moanin as you did answering tech posts this place would be the best off road tech source in the WORLD!!
BTW thanks SuperGper & TNTtoy;)

·
Registered
823 Posts
most cheap aftermarket wheels ($40-100 steel) only come in 4", 4.5", or 5" backspacing, pretty deep for larger tires.

have to special order anything with less than 4"

although you can get some of the forged and cast offerings in ~3.5" back spacing but then youre talking $150+ for a wheel

so wheel selection sucks

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's for the 16" wheels? 15's there are more of a selection of wheels available then right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts