Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of the 17" aluminum wheels on the market (Classic II prefered, 17x9) make a wheel with less than 5" backspace?

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
did you look at the robby gordon wheels?

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
hhhmmm. no i don't they are kinda obscure at the moment. up till now they have been a race wheel only. i am working with robbys retail guy to get some street lug patterns brought to market. let me get you some pics and details in a few days. hold tight

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
hey where did you get those pics? that is my bro paul standing next to my buddys buggy. any how ya those are the rims. they have a cast in lock ring so the wheel is not welded. sizes will be 17 x 8 and 17 x 10 in 5 and 6 lug street paterns. ie. jeep and toyota.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
doh....ya got em at desertracing.com.....who woulda thought

·
Registered
802 Posts
Team Gordon, Inc. www.teamgordon.com 714-632-0013

TDW, They are a 0 offset(4"), 17X8, so no real gain over the 17X9 w/less than 5" BS, that you're looking for... Right now, the only mfgrs making an aluminum, 17X9/17X8 beadlock(that I'm aware of) with a *normal*(less than 4") BS is Walker and Allied I'm still holding my breath on Walkers and the Allied Monsters are$$$ ...Of course you can always buy some$$ Centerline or Weld forged at $$$ then turn around and put more $$ into beadlock'n em:shaking:

FWIW, TR is going away from the MickyT CIIs and selling the Extreme Alloys(identical to Classic IIs) in a 17X9 w/ 4" BS. They are supposed to have them soon.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DM said:
Team Gordon, Inc. www.teamgordon.com 714-632-0013

TDW, They are a 0 offset(4"), 17X8, so no real gain over the 17X9 w/less than 5" BS, that you're looking for... Right now, the only mfgrs making an aluminum, 17X9/17X8 beadlock(that I'm aware of) with a *normal*(less than 4") BS is Walker and Allied I'm still holding my breath on Walkers and the Allied Monsters are$$$ ...Of course you can always buy some$$ Centerline or Weld forged at $$$ then turn around and put more $$ into beadlock'n em:shaking:

FWIW, TR is going away from the MickyT CIIs and selling the Extreme Alloys(identical to Classic IIs) in a 17X9 w/ 4" BS. They are supposed to have them soon.
Thank you for the info!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Walker said he'll have wheels at Reno for those who ordered them. But if you didn't it may take a while to catch up. And Allied's are adjustable backspace! they will be 7 lbs lighter in about 6 months......redesign forged. and more $$$$$$$

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rocraven said:
Allied's are adjustable backspace! they will be 7 lbs lighter in about 6 months......redesign forged. and more $$$$$$$
Do you have a link to find more info on this? Thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
their website is http://www.alliedrockathons.com but there is no info on the new wheels or the adj. backspace. I got that info from a guy who works there. Mine should be here wed. I'll post after Farmington.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts