Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the backspacing on the new H2 wheels?

I'm swapping D44HP/D60 from a '78 F250 into my Grand Waggie, and these are the best bang for the buck... 35x12.5x17 AT/kos factory on 17" wheels.

But I'm trying to figure out the stock backspacing, and I've gotten 3 different answers from people....

Do I hear a fourth??? :D

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I'm 90% sure they are 5" like all the other late model GM 8 lug wheels, but I have never measured one. Does that match any of your other answers?

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
MIJeepMan said:
and these are the best bang for the buck... 35x12.5x17 AT/kos factory on 17" wheels.
Whats the "bang for the buck" on these things??

what the price??

New or used "take offs"??

what they look like? durable or crap?

I've only seen a couple a H2's around, and never really looked at the rims, most of them are moving anyway...

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Make sure you measure the center of the wheel (or at least look at it) before you buy, I know the 6 lug Chevy wheels have a real small center that won't fit over a regular hub. The 8 lugs I've seen all had the big center (to clear rear FF's), but these may be different since I'm guessing they're special for the H2.

Pete

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks y'all for the responses.... 5" was one of the answers I got. So was 7.5" (I know that's H1 BS, and I was pretty sure it wasn't on the H2). The other was 5.5"....

"bang for the buck" = $800 for a set of (4) "new" 315x70x17 tires on rims... They're basically a 35x12.5" tires... Not the BEST looking rims, but how can you argue? You can't really even get 15" 35"s on 767s for that price... And they probably won't fit over the brakes (I want the 5" offset).

I was going to mention the hub thing, too. I'm going to switch the front to Chevy flat-top knuckles out to get the smaller hub. I'd thought of that, too, but thanks for mentioning it (just in case). I believe only the Ford 8-lug has the large center, also, but I am probably wrong. Obviously (by name), I'm more of a Jeep-kind of guy. :D

Anyways, thanks for all of your help.....

Matt

·
Registered
468 Posts
I just got a set too

I just bought a set too, and I think the center hole might be too small to, but I have a friend who's a machinist that likes doing custom stuff to break up the boring crap he makes at work.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
MIJeepMan said:

I was going to mention the hub thing, too. I'm going to switch the front to Chevy flat-top knuckles out to get the smaller hub. I'd thought of that, too, but thanks for mentioning it (just in case). I believe only the Ford 8-lug has the large center, also, but I am probably wrong. Obviously (by name), I'm more of a Jeep-kind of guy. :D

Anyways, thanks for all of your help.....

Matt
Just to clarify, I was refering to the IFS trucks having center holes only big enough to clear the spindle nut, not the difference in the hub diameters on some solid 44/10 bolt fronts (ie the early big ass hubs on some HD 44s that look kinda like 60s from a distance (and up close by idiots at junkyards).

Pete

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Here is the thing about that:

Chevy trucks are hub centric on the front AND on the rear. No, SF rear ends don't have "hubs" per se, but there is a machined "hub" on the ends of the axle shafts to center the wheel.

I may be wrong, but I believe this "hub" on the 88-98 trucks with 10 bolts nd SF 14 bolt rears are the same size as the earlier units and the ones used on 88-91 Subs and Blazers, meaning that the holes in the later wheels should fit the earlier front hubs.....:confused:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I may be wrong, but I believe this "hub" on the 88-98 trucks with 10 bolts nd SF 14 bolt rears are the same size as the earlier units and the ones used on 88-91 Subs and Blazers, meaning that the holes in the later wheels should fit the earlier front hubs.....
You are right. The 8 lug Chevy stuff is all interchangeable, all years. Backspacing and center holes are the same size. This is not true of the 6 lug half ton stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts