Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I wanna spiff up the dually a 'bit. I have a 98 24V 4X4 QCab w/ a 2" Skyjacker lift. I want to put on 19.5's. I like the looks of the F450 set up and was wondering if the Ford rim would fit on a Dodge. I would also be interested in hearing other suggestions such as Rickson's, etc... maybe some pictures and other experiences. I know the alluminum 19.5's, such as rickson, can be pricey, another reason for looking into the F450... thinking I can find them in a salvage yard and slap some simulators on.

Thanks for the help,

Barry :smokin:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Ive got the exact same wheels and tires on my rig as the pic above and love em. No complaints at all. The Ford wheels wont fit on the Dodge assuming the F450 is a 99 or newer. Ford SDs have an 8 on 170mm bolt pattern while the Dodge is the 8 on 6.5"

·
Registered
31 Posts
how big of a tire can you find for those rims? i am looking ar running a 38 or 40 and would rather have those than some blingbling 20's:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
WVJeepBuilder said:
texascaddy what air pressure you running??
I have 100 pounds in the fronts and 95 in all the rears.
I have 6,000 miles on mine now and can not notice any wear at all.
I am running Equal in mine with good results.
I am running 65 psi in the front and 55 psi in the rear on mine. I had a little more, but it was a little too rough.

·
Registered
631 Posts
You know that dodge is too slow. You should have found a black 05 with some extras:rolleyes:

Don't you have an 04 Peterbilt with 550 hp??????? with 24.5's

Peter

·
Registered
59 Posts
texascadillac42 said:
Ive got the exact same wheels and tires on my rig as the pic above and love em. No complaints at all. The Ford wheels wont fit on the Dodge assuming the F450 is a 99 or newer. Ford SDs have an 8 on 170mm bolt pattern while the Dodge is the 8 on 6.5"
Have any pictures???

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sure, here are some pics. I run rougly 65 psi all around. The tires are wearing like iron, aside from some cupping on the fronts, but I can attribute that to bad ball joints and blown shocks. Ive got close to 20k on my tires, and they are like new. I also have the load range H tires, and wish I had opted for the lower weight range. Still, I have no real complaints, and couldnt be happier with the tires.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
well thanx for the info fellas. by the looks of your rigs, the ricksons are worth the money... I must now be alone:D

.......in the mean time, yes jiriki87, I do have an 04' Pete. here are pics of it the other day during this f'ked up snow storm that dropped a foot & 1/2 of pow... and still snowing:shaking:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=83321

·
Registered
633 Posts
CrazyDog, where did you get that bumper... if you dont mind me asking. Also, how much did you pay for it? TIA

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is a Denver Off Road. A guy by the name Layne up in Fruita, CO makes them. The bumper is all aluminum except for the brackets that mount to the frame. You should see one in person. It is a work of art. It weighs a little over 130 lbs. and will hold at least a 12,000 lbs. winch. The front was north of $1,500.00 about a year ago.

There are some more pics here.

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/pics/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=30910

·
Registered
633 Posts
CrazyDog, I thought it was a DOR bumper. I would love to buy one, but the wife won't let me spend that kind of money on a bumper right now.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
crazydog said:
It is a Denver Off Road. A guy by the name Layne up in Fruita, CO makes them. The bumper is all aluminum except for the brackets that mount to the frame. You should see one in person. It is a work of art. It weighs a little over 130 lbs. and will hold at least a 12,000 lbs. winch. The front was north of $1,500.00 about a year ago.

There are some more pics here.

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/pics/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=30910
for a complete thread hi jack :flipoff2:

I talked to a dude from Denver a couple of years ago who made all aluminum bumpers similar to that... I wanna say it was the same fella that made the ones on the infamous EarthRoamer Dodge Expedition thing... wonder if it's the same dude... he's was very helpful over the phone... but I just couldn't afford it back then.

It was a super stout looking bumper... with the benefit of not having a 300 lb cow catcher / frame cracker on your rig.

very nice

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
thump93yj said:
for a complete thread hi jack :flipoff2:

I talked to a dude from Denver a couple of years ago who made all aluminum bumpers similar to that... I wanna say it was the same fella that made the ones on the infamous EarthRoamer Dodge Expedition thing... wonder if it's the same dude... he's was very helpful over the phone... but I just couldn't afford it back then.

It was a super stout looking bumper... with the benefit of not having a 300 lb cow catcher / frame cracker on your rig.

very nice

That was Layne alright. He used to live in Westminister. I got mine from him in '01. Sweey piece of art work. You would not believe the pounding mine has taken. Everything else on the whole truck is bent, not the bumper. Its even had 30 000 lb winch pulls on it, and still straight. Have sheared the highlift pin jacking on the corner of it, still straight. And wighs only 50 lb more then the stock plastic one.

A couple of friends have them on their imports too, also standing up well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts