Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 582 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
How much clearance did the gain from switching to the ls1 intake? And are you going to keep the alternator in the stock location?

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
How much clearance did the gain from switching to the ls1 intake? And are you going to keep the alternator in the stock location?
Aprox 3" (little bit more).
The alternator will go on a custom bracket on the passenger side. If I bolt the alt on the stock position, your clearence gain (with the intake swap) is no more than 1".

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Drivetrain is in, now working on mounts...
It seems that I need app 3" more of space to place the rad/fan.
I´m debating between lenghten the front clip 3" or cutting the firewal and move the complete drivetrain 3" backward....The problem with this will be the lenght of the rear driveshaft....I don know :eek:

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Well, have being a while without posting...
The project is going well....at this moment drivetrain is mounted and suspension is ready.
Now we are working on the tub mounts and steering.
Definetly there´s no room for the booster/MC of the waggy that I bought on ebay...it seems that an hydroboost will be the solution.
Here a few pics of the progress....

Some photoshop....

An this will be the final termination of the chasis...

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Thinking on the cage, I want to copy this....
Anyone knows who´s the owner of this Jeep ??
I would like to have more detailed pics of this cage.
Thanks
Sebastian

·
Registered
450 Posts
I like you're build but I have to say the front of that TJ was dead sexy. Is that something you guys built or somebody else's? Well anyhow keep it coming.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
More progress from today....tub mounts are ready, just waiting for the final weld.
Since today the tube was out of the frame, I was able to take a few detailed pics of mounts and more...
Yes, I do think the drivetrain angle is a little to much, probably I´ll tilt it a few degrees.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I like the build!
Drivetrain angle is typically 5 degrees, but some go flat, and you like like you're a little steeper.
Don't be afraid to push the tub forward and recess it into the firewall for added clearance at the front. If you are using headlights it's going to be really tight without streching the front.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
I like the build!
Drivetrain angle is typically 5 degrees, but some go flat, and you like like you're a little steeper.
Don't be afraid to push the tub forward and recess it into the firewall for added clearance at the front. If you are using headlights it's going to be really tight without streching the front.
Definetly I´m thinking about puting a 1-1,5" spacer where the fenders meet the tub. With that, and placing the grille 1-1,5" forward (in line with the hood) I´ll be able to run the 3" wide radiator plus the Taurus Fan (8" total).
We will see..

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Nice, it is looking good! If I was going to build another one now this is very close to what I would have done.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Updates...

Cage is almost ready, only a couple of more reiforcements and it will be done.
Grill and fenders are supported. Now I need to fab some kind of shield that will go between the fenders and the cowl (beacause of the stretch).
Shock towers are done. The idea is to run 2.0 12" Fox´s.
Also I redone the engine mounts in order to have the drivetrain more flat. Now it sits much better !!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am liking the cage. What diameter tubing did you use? I am getting ready to build my cage soon. I may shape it similar to yours. What windshield do you have? It looks short like a 3B windshield on the MB body. Coming together nicely though.
Greg

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
I am liking the cage. What diameter tubing did you use? I am getting ready to build my cage soon. I may shape it similar to yours. What windshield do you have? It looks short like a 3B windshield on the MB body. Coming together nicely though.
Greg
It´s 1,75".
The current windshield is a piece of trash...like the rest of the body :D....it´s like an MB windshield but its made out of square tubing....I dont know how made it....an MB windshield is on the way :)

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Ok, now I can say the cage is done !!
Radiator is mounted..:D

21 - 40 of 582 Posts