Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would post some pictures of my current project as it is a bit unique. Started out with purchasing a k5 blazer that had been wrecked. Stuffed super duty axles under it. Removed the body and stripped it of any useable parts. Leaf in the rear 3link in the front with coil springs. Planning on running a drivers drop 241c behind a full manual reverse valve body th350. As it sits the kb7 body is sitting on the frame.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Rim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Made some progress getting the body and hood where they need to be. I am currently waiting on steering parts so I’m going to go ahead and start on some tube fenders and rock sliders. Also going to make the hood tilt forward for easier access to the engine bay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fished mocking up the right side fender and rock slider. Now off to find some 1/8 diamond plate to finish off the fenders.
Also going to look at a jd2 model 32 bender setup with a self contained hydraulic system this afternoon.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scored the jd2 bender and some 1/8 diamond plate. The new bender makes bending tube so much nicer. Only came with 2” and 1” dies so I will need to order a 1 3/4” die set come next week. I had a bit of free time so I went ahead and re did the front fender mounts as I didn’t like the previous design. I think the new design looks much better.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Table Bumper Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Cloud

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive design Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Automotive exterior

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went to harbor fright today and ended up picking up a new welder and a plasma cutter. I have to say I’m impressed with both the welder and plasma cutter! Also managed to get the fenders and headlights done today. Slowly coming along, looking up bed designs this afternoon.
Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Worked on mocking up the box and fuel cell locations. also started on one side of the bed. Looks a little funky at this point but I think it will come together as it progresses.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts