Pirate 4x4 banner

121 - 140 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #121 (Edited)
the glove box door would not open cause I had move the cup holders over far enough to close the cab door so ended up closing in the dash a little and made a simple one with self closing hinges and will add magnetic latch . may find another dodge emblem and add it under the handle

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #122 (Edited)
crazy how much tires change the look of the truck :D. didn't think they would work but they actually measured shorter than 42's so worked in my favor , just had to cut the bars off the tire carrier to get the spare to fit .

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #125 (Edited)
not much of an update , still waiting for bodywork to get done on the cab but finally got the rockers mounted , sold the 205 with crawlbox in favor for a 4 speed atlas and got the trans rebuilt

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
just about everything is ready with body work and paint and was able to get the cab put back on .now for some re assembly in the next couple of weeks and then hopefully out for some test runs

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
That is one gorgeous color blue.... looking forward to seeing it together.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #130 (Edited)
Getting closer , almost done with the interior , almost all fluids put in and a few final nut and bolt checks then I should be able to test drive it . Ordered a new dodge emblem for the front but end up being smaller than original so used it for the glove box .The emblems I had were pitted and chrome all gone so the dodge emblem and power wagon emblems were painted black. Also got the doors on which didn't fit all that well because of the body work so had to do some "adjusting"

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Comin along nicely Aaron..... Can you reach all those shifters with the harness' on?

LMK when you want a test run up north.....

·
Read Only
VerticalScope Sucks
22,727 Posts
Love this thing! Digging the paint and can't wait to see the pictures of it in action.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Fantastic build. Just plain gorgeous and a million kudos for not dropping an LS under the hood!!!

Ed

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #139 (Edited)
That is beautiful! I hope your style of wheeling will not put dents in it. It would seem like you could get fairly wild without damage.
ive wheeled some pretty decent stuff and try to keep the body damage to a minimum but if it does happen its a part of wheeling :D
Comin along nicely Aaron..... Can you reach all those shifters with the harness' on?

LMK when you want a test run up north.....
cab is pretty tight , I could almost reach the pass side door lol , As far as shifters I can reach the gear shifter very easily which is why I put it on the dash , strapped in fully the t case shifter may be a little tough

thanks for the compliments everyone we are very happy how it turned out . cant wait to get it out there but for a frame up build need to get a few non wheeling test runs in then a few flex clearance test then should be able to get back to wheeling :)
Love the build but I have to say as nice as the new paint looks I was a fan of the old faded paint
if it was old faded paint/true patina it probably would have stayed but it was a forced patina . they used paint stripper with a brush and just let it sit till it got down to the metal so you could see brush strokes in rust

121 - 140 of 185 Posts