Pirate 4x4 banner

541 - 560 of 743 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #541
Tom,

That's crazy looking!!!

The engine harness looks like it has about 100 wires in it.... what sort of exotic stuff are you doing??

The "Might As Well" project truck is ready for your visit!!! Tuesday still works for me, but we may need to push to around 2:30PM if that's OK with you. I've got a meeting that is supposed to end by 2, but I'm sure you are familiar with how that often goes... :)

-G
Greg, The method behind the harness is way above me :shaking: I'll find out but think they are spares for flexibility down the road. The ign is essentially ls so if I decide to go that route in the future it is close. Fortunately the sbc and bbc stuff has gotten very reasonable with all the attention of the ls. Would probably go bbc if my lead foot looses its sensitivity with this setup.

Really looking forward to checking the blazer! 2:30 is no problem. I'll probably get there before traffic and find some of fine granite ledges NH has to offer and max out the rti on the rental on.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #543 (Edited)
Love the fabricaion work! :D
Thanks Larzzon! Keep up the great work on your cj2a :beer:

Update: Danzio dyno'd the motor Monday. Everything went smoothly. Engine builder estimated 440 hp and 460 ft #'s, actual is 420 hp and 430 ft #'s. Will post up the dyno video when it's made available to me.

Put in an order for a Circle D pro series single disc tq converter which will be based on the dyno sheet and in the process of getting a Meziere LT1 153 tooth flex plate (month out:eek:).

Nice thing about the Circle D converters is if you decide to make a stall change within the 1st year it free.

https://www.circledspecialties.com/p-44-gm-245mm-pro-i-4l80e-torque-converter.aspx

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #545
^^^Closer to broke :grinpimp: gearing up for chassis wiring and need stuff so ordered the following

PCS 4l80E CAN module kit

SPW universal window kit and faux cranks

Factory heavy duty column turn signal

and the Restomod air HaymakerII snub nose reactor and tri vents in gun metal

-> insert single or double din player here <-

liking this arrangement

Current dash

And thinking this layout will work nicely. The kicker are rear AC/heat ducts and a leaning to a console that can go under the bench seat that can house both pair

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was doing a search regarding some suspension ideas and found this build. All I can say is wow. Impressive to say the least. Regarding the rear suspension and the geometry/shocks, what ratio are the rockers and how did you determine spring rate?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #547
The Cantilever bellcranks are 2:1. Shocks are 2.5" 8" travel valved 60/80 600# springs based on estimated vehicle weight + gear and passengers.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #549
For a cable type universal install the SPW kit came highly recommended from the guy that did my sheet metal mods and the Ford with the Carson top and is his go to choice for his builds. If you want to use the factory cranks and regulators try then these are also very good.

https://www.ballsrodandkustom.com/catalog/power-window-kits-1-1.html

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #550 (Edited)
So after looking at a ton of period dashes to borrow some ideas from finally settled on the Lincoln Zephyr.

To get the shifter off the floor integrated the JB t case shifter next to the gauge cluster and will be bowed upward so no one gets jousted. The restomod air unit is also mounted. Added the additional tunnel to run the ac and heat through.

Update: drive by wire vette pedal mounted.

Update: PCS Shifter mounted next to the Haymaker

Thinking of doing something like this c10 ash tray for the grey hill keypad.

The new push button bezel just came out...

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #556 (Edited)
Waterhorse, The Restomod haymaker ac unit is legit. The company has a dedicated classic and custom line of which the haymaker is from. Impressed just about everything from the packaging to especially the wire looms which are color coordinated.

Back of the reactor controls and these single ac ducts are for the console and either side of the glove boxes and the double will be for the rear passengers. To tie in the ac ducts into the dash thinking of having the gauge bezel match the gun metal anodizing.

BTW amazing work on HEMTT!

http://www.restomodair.com

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #558 (Edited)
Out with the old...Got into the gauges today to get the D4 dash installed. The mounting plate should be ready next week and the gauges will go out to get restored.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's awesome Tom. So you're going to have the four auxiliary gauges restored (or upgraded). Would love to learn more. The new digital gauge will replace the central original speedo, right? What shop is going to do the work?

Can't wait to see more.

541 - 560 of 743 Posts