Pirate 4x4 banner

701 - 720 of 743 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Lots of people pulling for you Tom! I know the build is an adventure for you and not to be forgotten. Also for FUN!!! When it's not, back off for awhile!

Cheers!!!!!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #703

We're back on...Little setback with the fire cutting power. The front clip roof and the aluminum engine compartment and lower dash panels will be green and the boat sides are going to be wood grained.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #704 (Edited)

Two all nighters...Block sanded all surfaces to glass...Still need to block sand with 1000 and 2000 grit respray green 3 coats of clear and buff it.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #708 (Edited)
Working through final-ish re-assembly. Intakes needed silicone couplers.

First batch of chrome came out $uper nice griil/windshield division bars, head light trim, hood ornament.

AC plumbing in the works using aeroquip reusable fittings and teflon hose.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #710
^Sticking with the split window but will have the modern glass edge without the bulk of the factory weatherstripping.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
I hope your pictures come back Tom. Too much build to be missed in the future.

There is a ton going on with this build. Talking to Tom is like talking to an alien in a different world. You have to struggle to keep up with which high tech coating is going on what. Which electrical do-dah is going to replace normal, etc. etc. Cheers on keeping us up on the new .....

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #715
I hope your pictures come back Tom. Too much build to be missed in the future
My account is paid but cant log in. Got this email last month and something tells me Ted is up to holding users hostage again :barf:

Dear Photobucket Members,

We apologize for the most recent site outage that impacted you over the last several days. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We experienced a total power outage at our primary datacenter. Because of the abrupt nature of the power outage, our system wasn’t able to utilize backup processes to stay online without interruption. Over the past several days, many of our systems have come back online and we’re making progress so that our site is available to all Members. The process has taken longer than expected and we are working diligently to bring the site up as fast as possible without compromising any photos on the site. Most importantly, your photos are safe!

I’m sorry, I understand your frustration as well as the hardship you may have experienced over the past week. We all rely on trusted digital partners to make our lives easier and when they let us down it’s irritating and disruptive.

We’ve learned a lot from this experience and we are taking major steps to prevent this from happening again. We continue to work around the clock until the website is fully functional for every Member and we will keep you updated as things progress. Over the next few months, our focus will shift to rolling out a new website and new mobile apps, built on a more reliable platform.

Thank you for your commitment and loyalty to Photobucket!

Ted

701 - 720 of 743 Posts